12 | the plan

Lily knew exactly what she needed to do as soon as she overheard the conversation between Rose and Tonks but she hadn't the slightest clue as to where to start.

Rose was stubborn beyond imagination and would never do anything if you suggested it to her. The only way to get her to do something was if you made her think it was her idea.

Operation get Rose and James together was ago and it was set up as follows.

1. Get Rose to admit her feelings for James (admittedly a tricky one but she would make it happen somehow)

2. Get James to admit his feelings for Rose (not nearly as tricky but a little considering he was still with Lily)

3. Get them to tell their feelings to each other

Okay, maybe it wasn't so much of a plan and more of a goal but you have to start somewhere. The big question was did she break up with James now or wait?

She liked James, of course she did. She never would have said yes had she not like him. However, Rose had given up so much for Lily's sake, the least she could do for her was this. Or at least she could try.

It occurred to her later that she had to stay with James. If she didn't then she wasn't going to be able to get him to admit his feelings because it would probably be awkward. And if James wasn't with Lily, there would officially be no reason for them to talk.

When it hit her, she didn't know why she hadn't thought about it sooner. The holidays were coming up which meant they would be going home. Lily would just need to invite James over for Christmas.

"James!" Lily called out and the boy turned around in confusion. He spotted the girl and he smiled. She noted that it didn't quite meet his eyes like it used to.

He approached her. "Hey, Lil," he greeted, "I thought you had homework to finish up?"

"I did, well, I do, it's just I wanted to ask you something," she explained.

He raised an eyebrow, "Fire away."

"My parents want to meet you," Lily explained and James appeared surprised at this. "I know it's kind of soon and we've only been together for four months but I figured now was as good a time as any."

He was silent for a moment, thinking it over. Lily sucked in a breath. If he said no, she would have to pull every card possible. Or come up with a new plan.

"Okay," he replied and she was surprised at how easily he agreed. "Yeah, I'll meet them. Let me just talk to my parents first, make sure they're okay with it."

Lily smiled, "Great." He nodded before placing a kiss on her cheek and saying a quick goodbye. Everything was going according to plan.

James walked away from the girl and let out a breath he had been holding. He glanced back to see that Lily was already walking away and shook his head slightly.

They were moving fast for a couple that had only been together for four months. Especially when one of them had hated the other up until recently.

He exited the building with a huff. Was he ready for this? Was he ready to meet Lily's parents? Didn't this solidify their relationship making it more real then it already was? He didn't think he was ready.

Then why did you agree, you idiot, the voice in his head spoke and he shook his head slightly. He wasn't sure why, exactly, he had agreed so quickly but a part of him felt he owed it to Lily. For what though, he wasn't sure.

He hadn't been watching where he was going as he walked and someone rammed their shoulder into his. He didn't even bother to look up as he continued, wrapped up in his thoughts.