15 | new years

"Let me sleep," Rose muttered, her face half in the pillow.

"Rose," Tonks said pointedly. "You have to get up."

"It's so early."

"It's the middle of the afternoon," she countered, "And we're supposed to be helping Mrs. Potter."

Rose's nose scrunched up slightly, "Lily and the boys got it covered."

"They're down one because Remus can't stand."

"There's still three people who are more than capable."

"Rose."

"Fine," she huffed, sitting up. "But I'm not going to be happy about it."

Tonks rolled her eyes, "You wouldn't be you if you were." She patted the redhead's leg, "Now get up and shower. The party is in three hours and we still have a load of work to do."

Rose flashed a faux smile, "Lovely."

The pink haired girl left the room a moment later, leaving Rose to her own devices. Rose got up reluctantly, gathering clothes and placing them on a pile on her bed before she entered the bathroom that was connected to the guest room she had been staying in.

The Potter Manner was massive compared to the house Rose was accustomed to. She stopped leaving the room without anyone with her because she tended to get lost.

She made the shower quick seeing as she had been in bed all afternoon and hadn't helped out even a little.

It was New Years and the Potter's apparently hosted a huge party every year. Extra hands meant extra help and it was only fair that Rose helped out with how hospitable the Potter's had been.

Her and James's relationship had changed significantly since the events that occurred in Diagon Alley. While it wasn't back to how it was before they fought, something had definitely changed.

Rose left the bathroom with the towel wrapped around her. She had left the towel that she used to dry her hair on a rack seeing as she would no doubt shower again before they left for Hogwarts and there was no point in wasting another towel.

She ran her hand through her hair as she moved to remove her towel. She jumped in surprise, quickly pulling the towel back around herself, "God, Black, you scared me."

He looked up and smirked slightly, no doubt at her attire, "Tonks told me you would probably need help being directed to the sitting room. What she didn't tell me was all you would be wearing was a towel."

She narrowed her eyes, "I could be wearing less." With that, she dropped her towel to the floor and he grinned.

"You're such a tease, Evans," he tutted. "I'm not sure this is what your friend meant by helping out."

"Then she should have been more specific," Rose countered and Sirius stood up, crossing the room to her.

"I, for one, am glad she wasn't."

"Are you going to kiss me or are you just going to stand there?"

As he leaned down to place a kiss on her lips the door opened and Rose jumped in surprise. They both turned so that their backs were against each other's and he was blocking her from whoever it was as best as he could.

"Ever heard of knocking, Wormtail?" Sirius inquired and Rose let out a breath of relief. She bent down quickly and grabbed the towel, wrapping it around herself.

"Sorry," Peter managed to get out. "I wasn't - I didn't...Sorry." At least it wasn't-

"Why would it matter if he knocked or not?" James spoke up and Rose cringed. This is what she had been worried about.