18 | drawing room

James had been dragged away by two men who Rose realized were Rodolpholus and Rabastan Lestrange.

"Don't touch her," James pleaded, "Take me. Leave her alone."

"That's very noble of you," Bellatrix stated. "Shut him up," the women ordered.

There was a sharp pain in James's leg and he collapsed in their hold. He hissed as he tried to right himself. He wasn't sure what had happened but he was sure it wasn't good.

Rose held her head up high despite the fact that she was terrified. Bellatrix circled her, looking her up and down, "I'll give you three seconds to make the right decision."

"I already have."

"Crucio!" she shouted and James's eyes widened as Rose was flung a foot or so across the room. "Try again," Bellatrix suggested.

"No," Rose protested through gritted teeth.

"Crucio!" Bellatrix exclaimed, her wand pointed at the girl and anger laced in her features. James felt the color drain from his face and he fought against the hold of the men holding him.

"Rose!" James shouted as he struggled against the grip of the two Death Eaters who held them back. "No! Rose!"

She crouched down, "How about now?"

Although clearly in pain, Rose took the close proximity as an opportunity to spit in the women's face.

The women scowled as she stood and pointed her wand at the girl, "Crucio!" Rose's body writhed and thrashed as she did her best not to scream but failed.

James tried to get to the girl and while he knew it was pointless, he continued his efforts anyway, shouting for the girl.

After what felt like a lifetime, Bellatrix moved so that she sat on the girl who was attempting to get away but was barely able to move. The girl's body twitched under her as she spoke, "I think I've made your options clear," the woman informed her.

"Rose!" James shouted again but Bellatrix was quick to shut him up with a spell.

"You have a choice," Bellatrix said pointedly. "For reasons unknown to me, the Dark Lord values your skill despite your dirty blood." She leaned closer and Rose tilted her head to the side to avoid looking the women in the eye.

Rose's eyes caught James's and he kept fighting against the men's grip. She turned away from him quickly, unwilling to look him in the eye while whatever was bound to happen, happened.

Bellatrix grabbed Rose's chin and forced her to look her in the eyes, "So, what is it, Mudblood?"

"No," she answered definitely and Bellatrix scowled. Rose had no time to fight as a dagger was dug into the skin on her forearm. She let out a blood curdling scream as the tip of the knife dug deep into her skin.

Rose's vision blurred as the pain washed over her body and the psychotic witch continued to engrave her skin. She bit down on her lip, drawing skin as she tried to prevent herself from screaming but failed.

James closed his eyes, unable to bear watching the girl in pain. His heart rate had increased significantly and he continued to try and call out for her but failed due to the spell.

He stopped fighting the Death Eater's and they loosened the grip. He took this as an opportunity to yank himself forward, miraculously escaping their grasp.

He ran as fast as he could and as soon as he was a foot or so away, he threw himself at Bellatrix, sending them both across the floor and away from the girl.