i want to know you

In which Jungkook meets his new neighbor, someone he's willing to suffer to stay by his side.

66,666 words.

Thank you to @kkabtsarmy. This one is very special, so please love it! This particular person gave me their trust in me to write their own well thought out idea, asking me in such a way that felt so honest that I've been brewing ways to honor what they wanted in my head for a while now! So hey, if you ever feel like writing this yourself, I support you 100%!

And here are the warnings ⚠️ :
•Homophobia
•abuse
•trauma

And I promise what I always promise, this will have a good ending. 💜

                                    _____

Jungkook packed his bag for work, leaving his house quietly. He really just wanted to get to work, get somewhere where he wasn't constantly feeling his chest tighten. He wished he was someone who smoked or drank, just so he could calm his body down, but couldn't. His mind was blurry as he walked to the bus stop, keeping his head down, fixing his beanie occasionally.

It was starting to get colder now that fall was over. It didn't really matter, since every week was rather similar for him, but he did enjoy when it snowed. At the moment though, it was just cold and early in the morning, having left before his dad had even gotten ready for work.

His bus stop was lonely, as he sat on the bench alone, a little early today. He took a big breath, then let it out.

He was really close to saving enough money for at least a months worth if he took a train to Seoul. Even if he was on the streets for a little bit, he'd have enough for about a month. He calculated again. If he still had the stash at his friends house, the stash in the back room at work, and the stash at home, maybe he'd have two months, but those were all very flimsy.

All he could count on was the money in his bag.

If he left tonight, right after work, right after he got paid...

His bus came, Jungkook snapping back to reality. He'd gotten a lot more spaced out lately, as he got on and paid.

He sat and thought about it. One month was just simply too little. He'd have to aim for at least three, maybe five months in advance incase he couldn't get a job right away.

He sighed heavily as he held his bag to his chest, pouting a little. He just hoped work would be better than yesterday.

He got off the bus with a smile and wave to the driver, heading to the bakery he currently worked at. He was let inside by a manager.

"Jungkook! You're early today." Jaebum gave him a tired smile. "Ready for the day already?"

Jungkook gave an equally tired smile. "I still can't believe you get here at 5am hyung. I wake up at 5 to get here at 6, I- you are amazing."

"Well, let's get to it." Jaebum put on a playlist on the speakers before the two started their routine. Making fresh batches of bread, cupcakes, bagels, cookies, and prepping whatever else they needed in the day.

A couple customers came in before their work, getting pastries, some getting drinks, some staying in the store to study.

Jungkook swept the floor monotonously, his mind still elsewhere. Fuck, he had a dinner tonight. Fuck, fuck. Things were not going his way at the moment.

The job never seemed to end. His hours were long, his body was tired, but thank fucking god he got paid today. He thanked Jaebum endlessly for being so kind to him; it was odd nowadays to ask for cash payments instead of to your bank account, and not every business would make the exception.