broad-shouldered beast

In which Jungkook, a dragon shifter, is forced to help Jimin because of the moon.

Or, in which Prince Jimin is trying to ban the hunting of dragons, but to do so, he has to be king. Add on his intense love for Jungkook, and you get drama.

28,100 words.

Thank you to @Mjuicy_JiKook! Hopefully this will be as easy to follow as you requested! It's no surprise that I was carried away once again.

                 ___________________

Jungkook's back ached as he stretched out. At his age, his wings were growing rapidly, growing pains giving him a daily reminder of that.

"It'll get better, don't worry Jungkook." Hoseok rubbed a cream on his back. It was supposed to help the muscles. But it really just burned until the pain went away.

"You've already forgotten what it's like Hoseokie." Jungkook pouted. "Ow." He winced. "Can I go out though?"

"You've gotta keep your shirt off though."

"I won't go far. I promise."

"Yoongi's not home with the others yet. You should stay till they're here."

"I'll be fine. It's not like I'll be shifting out there. Besides, it's an open field. No ones out there."

"Royal guards have been spotted."

"I won't be shifting." Jungkook rolled his eyes. "Please?"

"Fine. Be back before it's dark."

"Thanks." Jungkook went out the door of their house. It was hidden in the woods, which eventually opened up to an open field. If you trekked west, you would make it to the kingdom outskirts. Jungkook wasn't going there.

Instead, he went to the field, roaming around and trying to find flowers for a flower crown.

Hoseok was always so paranoid about his tribes outings. There hadn't been a casualty in a long time, almost half a year, but still, it was slightly nerve racking to know your race was constantly being hunted for sport. Their horns were valuable. Their wings were trophies. Their teeth were used for jewelry. It was rough.

Jungkook was still young though. Which, might be the worst age to be. They were hunted down the most often; less experience, less skill.

Jungkook didn't mind though. The urge to shift wasn't very high or often. Once a week at most. Stretch his wings, learn what type of dragon he was.

Yoongi was a water, his hair streaked a light blue, Hoseok a fire, hair streaked red and orange. Jungkook's hair was simply brown. He wasn't of age to know yet, but he did wonder what he might become. It was going to be fun. He would get a big ceremony for it, just like the others had. Their group was small, but it was full of love.

Jungkook had found a couple dandelions, not quite enough, before he saw Yoongi in the distance with two other dragons with him. They landed on the clearing, shifting quickly and looking around. They carried nets full of fish.

"A good catch today I see." Jungkook stood and walked back with them, missing the clearing already.

"Yep." Yoongi grinned. "You sure you don't wanna come tomorrow too?"

"Naw. I can't fly for that long yet." Jungkook smiled, walking beside Yoongi and taking a net of fish.

"Soon. You're way ahead any of us when we were your age."

"I wanna know when I'll be able to know what kind of dragon I am."

"Give it some time. It'll happen when it's supposed to. 18 is when I found out. And Hoseok found out when he was 19. It's not always "on time", you know?" Yoongi gave him a nudge.