i'd rather be hard to love

In which Jungkook and Jimin are unwilling to compromise on their relationship or personal wants, as they continue to ignore the unwanted chemistry blooming.

49,200 words.

Thank you to @dsaaa1234 for this request!

A fair warning ⚠️
•harassment
•trauma
•an absolute roller coaster. So many twists and turns.

It'll turn out nicely of course, as all of them do.

                          ____________

Jimin was getting ready to go to school again, his dorm room cleaned, his homework done, and going to Taehyung's game. Why he played baseball, he didn't know, but Jimin would be there to support him.

On his walk there, he met up with Hoseok and Yoongi. "Hyung! Is Namjoon and Jin coming?"

"Yeah, they should be." Yoongi smiled as the three headed to the stadium. "Are you going to be ready to see Jeon?"

"No way." Jimin rolled his eyes. "If he thinks he can pull the same stunt from last time then he's dead wrong."

The two laughed. "Aw come on, he's just teasing. Besides, it was charming."

"It was not." Jimin scoffed. He bit his bottom lip, gnawing at it. Jeon was extremely rude to him, and one of Taehyung's teammates and friends. They'd met plenty of times because of Taehyung.

And god damn it was Jeon Jungkook the most annoying person Jimin had ever met. He never called him hyung, he never gave him an ounce of respect because of his height, and he never ever gave him a smile because Jimin was a top student and Jungkook was not.

And fucking hell was Jimin going to put up with that. He ignored him as much as he could, but that damned jock liked to tease him. And it was not affection. Jimin got angry thinking about it. If there's one thing he hated it was being mistreated. He'd been mistreated his whole life, and he wasn't going to let this freshmen keep getting away with it.

"-good there? Jimin?" Hoseok snapped him back to reality. "You're really bothered by him?"

"Look, he's just annoying and gets under my skin. That's it. I'm done letting him get to me, okay?"

"He did blow a kiss for you last time though." Yoongi smiled wide, the three getting into the stadium and taking a seat that Taehyung would be able to see them from. Unlucky for Jimin, it was also easy for Jungkook to see them as well.

First base and the pitchers mound. The two were a team, and Jimin put his feelings aside to support Taehyung. "He was being an asshole."

"What else has he done? You know we'll put him straight if there's real problems."

"He makes fun of me being small and feminine hyung." Jimin glared at Hoseok. "You know this."

"There's no way he means that. You're literally so attractive it's painful. You get stares from everyone."

"Yeah, and him as well. They're not always good stares." Jimin tsk'd and looked at Taehyung warning up.

Jimin knew softball better than baseball, but they were pretty close, with some particular differences. For one, pitching was overhand in baseball, which Jimin thought was way easier. Something about innings, and something about full count and dropping the ball was different.

But other than that, Jimin knew what was happening. He knew where Taehyung was, and he new he had to root for him.

"We'll keep him in check then. If it's bothering you so much, I'm sure we can make him back off a little."