Now or Never

In which Jungkook and Jimin have crushes on the other, but still don't quite think they're the crush of the other.

13820 words.

      ___________________________

Jimin called out the last customers names, smiling as he handed them their drinks.

"Thank you!" They sat down and Jimin watched them smile and talk. The small cafe was enjoyable for the local people who knew it existed, and Jimin was extremely happy that it was close to the studio he half lived at. He enjoyed watching people be happy together. After all, it was Christmas Eve.

He watched many people leave the shop, until there was about three people left. And then he came in.

Black hoodie, black mask, black pants, and shy demeanor. Jimin felt his heart lurch as the boy came up to the cashier where Jimin was and look at the menu. Jimin knew he knew everything on it already. This boy was always here, and Jimin had gotten used to him being here. Though...he was usually with a friend. Maybe they were busy.

"..." Jungkook opened his mouth then closed it, taking off his mask. "Can I get a hot chocolate please?"

"Yes! Would you like whipped cream on it?" Jimin asked with a smile, and he smiled back.

"Yes please..."

"Name?"

"Jungkook. But you already knew that huh."

"Still gotta ask though." Jimin smiled more as he readied the simple task of a hot chocolate. Jimin watched the last people leave, leaving just Jungkook to the cafe alone.

"Jungkook~ your order is ready!" Jimin called out, but not loudly since no one else was there.

"Thank you." Jungkook took it and went to sit at the bar table that looked out of the window. All of the lights were hung up within the businesses, and Jimin loved it. But he watched Jungkook sigh. Jimin mentally battled for a tiny bit before going over to Jungkook with a small festive cookie.

Jimin set it down in front of him, taking a seat next to him at the bar. "You alright?"

"Is this for me?"

"Yeah, thought you'd want it. It is Christmas Eve...and I need to sample things."

"Thank you..." Jungkook nibbled on it, sipping his drink occasionally.

"...so you're alone today? Where's your friend?"

"He's at his boyfriends house today...and tomorrow..." Jungkook sighed. "So I'm alone for another year for the holidays."

"You don't see your parents?"

"Too expensive."

"Hold up...another year?!" Jimin was shocked by the statement.

"Well...yeah...I mean...yeah." Jungkook shrugged sadly.

"Oh...I'm sorry to hear that. I- wait, this isn't weird is it? Do you wanna spend it with me? I know we don't know each other that well, but I don't want you to spend a Christmas alone." Jimin offered.

"I don't wanna be in your way..."

"You wouldn't be. I always throw a small get together with my friends on Christmas, so that we can see each other but still have separate Christmas's. You should come."

"I still don't want to be a burden."

"Well, that means you do want to go then. You're coming then. It's at 5pm to 10pm, cause I have a late shift at 3am here."