euphoria

In which Jungkook and Jimin continue to see each other in their dreams, but can never remember them once they wake up.

36,123 words.

Thank you to @nonbinary__ for this one! You requested vanilla, so this will be very vanilla. Expect top Jimin :)
Also know that I'm in psychology this year and uh yeah it's got me thinking big brain thoughts about dreams and dreamscapes O-O
And...Merry Christmas!! And if you don't celebrate Christmas, then happy holidays!!!

                                 _______

Jungkook yawned and stretched, waking up to the sun kissing his face. He swore he'd had a nice dream, but he couldn't remember it, yet he woke feeling rested and warm. He rolled around in his bed, going on his phone to procrastinate getting up and starting his day.

Eventually, he did get up, the sun high enough to light his room. He got dressed, checking the time and making his way to the bus stop. He was going to work at a small cafe, something easy to help him pay for his online classes while he focused on being a YouTuber.

It was a cool spring day, Jungkook happy to wear his sweaters, as he got on his bus. He couldn't really understand why, but he was feeling happy. Maybe it was his dream, but he couldn't remember it. He really wanted to. He remembered loving it and waking up refreshed.

When he got to work, he was immediately greeted by his manager.

"Jungkook! You're glowing this morning." Jin smiled at him, handing Jungkook a drink after he came around and clocked in. "What happened?"

Jungkook smiled wide, helping start up the shop. "I had a lovely dream. But I can't remember any of it...either way, I think that was the nicest sleep I've ever had." Jungkook swept up the floor, then put the chairs down. "How was your morning?"

"It was a little less nice than yours. Since I had to get up earlier. You know...one day...I'm going to have to upgrade this shop. It's going to need some new chairs eventually. And I'd love to repaint the walls."

"I think that would be fun." Jungkook thought about it. "I could probably help you."

"You're a busy kid, I wouldn't want to make you work even more." Jin cleaned the counters, getting their machines ready.

"I'd be fine with it. School isn't so bad right now. I could take a day off." Jungkook smiled at Jin. "Pick a day, I'd help."

"I don't want to overwork you. You already work so much, and you're only 20."

"Hey, I'm doing good. I'm working a bit yeah, but it's not too bad." Jungkook finished up and turned their sign around, opening the shop door then went behind the counter.

"You have three jobs."

"One job, one hobby, one requirement. That's how I see it." Jungkook grinned. "Besides hyung, you said you did the same thing when you were young."

Jin sighed with a smile. "I mean yes, but still, I wouldn't want you to do that too."

"Well, it's fine." Jungkook grinned wide as he watched the door, nudging his hyung. "Your guy is here."

"Oh shit, move." Jin shoved Jungkook aside from the counter as their regular came in. "Hello! What would you like today?" Seokjin smiled, their regular smiling back.

"I think I'll have my usual. Do you...have any other experiments you've been working on?" He seemed slightly shy, which Jungkook did find charming. It was obvious Jin did as well. Jungkook rolled his eyes with a smile as Jin nodded.