Before and After

In which Jungkook re-meets Jimin, but Jimin doesn't remember a thing. All Jimin knows is that Jungkook is attractive and could be fun to flirt with.

12,600 words.

___________________________

Jungkook was not prepared for this day. College, in his opinion, should not be this hard. He didn't want to walk through the door. Advanced biology was not something he wanted. He didn't know why he was here, he just wanted to get a good grade, good enough to pass, and get out of there. He wanted to take pictures and dance, was that so hard to ask for? But he's too good of a friend.
Taehyung, his closest friend, had asked him to do this class with him so that he could be with his crush, and Jungkook had thought it wouldn't be so bad.
Boy was he wrong.
Jungkook sighed as he entered the class, going to find a seat by Taehyung, scanning the lecture hall before seeing he had decided to sit next to his crush and leave no room for Jungkook. Jungkook pouted and sighed again, as he saw Taehyung apologize with a shrug and a sad face, before going back to talking to Hoseok and leaving Jungkook to find a seat. Jungkook carefully chose a seat alone, and got his things out. This class had been paid for, he was going to stick with it. Jungkook sighed again before readying himself.

"You too?"

Jungkook ignored the conversation, and got his phone out.

"Hey...you...I'm talking to you..."

Jungkook looked when someone poked his shoulder. "Me?" Jungkook pointed to himself with wide eyes. His eyes widened again before going back to normal. The other tiled his head a little in confusion.

"Yes you. I asked a question but nevermind..." He turned away, before Jungkook cleared his throat.

"Sorry. But what do you mean?" Jungkook attempted to converse, since he felt bad. But he didn't really want to talk.

"Oh? So shy..." He turned back to Jungkook, and Jungkook just realized the other was sitting next to him. "I said you too?"

"But what do you mean." Jungkook questioned, a little quietly. Class would start anytime soon.

"Oh. My friend is also not sitting with me...just to be by his crush. He forgot to leave a seat for me, but I think he just didn't want me to sit next to him so they can flirt more." He sighed.

"Oh...yeah...but it's fine, he doesn't need me to be there anymore..."

"I'm Park Jimin. You?"

"Jungkook...oh, you're smart huh...ah! Hyung...you're older too..." Jungkook spoke quietly and played with his earlobe in embarrassment.

"So cute!~ don't worry. And I'm not that smart, but I guess so." Jimin shrugged and smiled. "I can help you if you need help. I don't mind."

"And class has started!" The professer started his lecture, taking role call, and starting his explanations on the board.

"So...is your friend the one mine has a crush on?" Jimin asked, carefully quiet, and Jungkook nodded in response, not wanting to talk. "Your mask is cool and all...but I wanna see your smile." Jimin added, but Jungkook shook his head.

"Not presentable today."

"Aw. I'm sure you look great."

"I'm not you. So no."

"You think I look good?"

"Doesn't everyone?"

"Well...I guess, but I don't want their attention."