dirty laundry

In which Jungkook finds out his tutor and future boyfriend has a dark secret. Will he still be willing to stay with him?

34,700 words.

Warnings ⚠️:
Some physical abuse, not too in depth

And here's my particular warning for this one. This is pure manipulation. Do not romanticize this, do not hope for this in your life, do not love this. I've had this idea in my head for so long that I needed to get it out, but please do not romanticize this.

____

Jungkook couldn't wait for his day at school to end. He really just wanted to be home, play video games, eat some food, and relax, but no, here he was in school, learning about something he didn't understand.

His head was obviously out of focus as the teacher tapped his table.

"Hm?" Jungkook rose his head.

"Will someone please reiterate since he wasn't listening?" The teacher walked back to the front of the class, Jungkook sighing.

The person next to him explained they were learning something about algebra. Jungkook didn't catch it then either.

The class eventually ended, Jungkook heading to lunch. It was so odd to start high school as the new kid. Everyone already knew each other from middle school, and Jungkook didn't know a single soul. He sat at a table alone after getting his food, getting a manga out to pass the time.

He'd been here for a couple weeks now, having transferred halfway through the school year, and was having no fun. This school was big, and lonely, and Jungkook didn't understand anything he was learning.

They did have one thing though. He was hoping he could join the taekwondo club, since he'd always been interested before. He didn't know how good he would be, but he always thought it would be cool. And if it was part of the school, he'd have to pay a lot less! That would make his parents stress less, and he might even get their approval to participate in a club. He didn't even mind working more part time shifts to pay for the uniform, he just wanted something to do here.

His attention was snapped away from his manga as he heard a soft voice. "Excuse me? Hello?"

Jungkook looked up. "Yes?" He saw a soft looking boy with black hair looking down at him. His face was still young, but definitely older.

"Do you mind if we sit here?" He asked with a smile, polite and kind.

"Oh- no I don't mind." Jungkook spoke quietly, nervous around the amount of people behind the older boy. He put his manga away.

"Thank you!" He sat next to him, his friends also sitting at the table. "Oh, wait, you're new aren't you?" He kept his smile. "How cute! I forgot how cute freshmen are." He giggled a little to his friend.

"You're right." One of his friends nodded along.

"Oh my bad! I'm Park Jimin." The boy next to him smiled at him. "This is Kim Taehyung, we're juniors, and those two are seniors."

"I'm Kim Namjoon, this is Jung Hoseok. I'm the student council president and a class president." He smiled at them before the group of them started to eat, conversing with one another.

Jungkook sort of wanted to disappear. A class president? He didn't belong here. Fuck, these were smart people, weren't they? Oh god no, he definitely didn't belong here. "Um I'm Jeon Jungkook...if you want the table alone...I can leave..." Jungkook spoke quietly to the kid next to him.