Dog Day's

In which Park Jimin adopts a new dog, but quickly figures out that he's a very attractive, extremely kind shifter named Jeon Jungkook.

22,200 words.

I apologize for not posting as much lately!
I truly hope everyone is staying safe and staying inside, while also being clean and helping others if they can through this odd time. Stay inside and read instead (kekeke) !

Jimin wasn't thinking of saving a stray dog today. It wasn't part of his plan for the day. But he was just so cute and scared, and Jimin couldn't help it. The dog seemed friendly, it came towards him once he squatted down to call for him. Reaching out a hand for him to sniff, Jimin carefully pet the dogs coat with his other hand, which was surprisingly soft, and unsurprisingly dirty. He sat down on the sidewalk, pulling his phone out.

He dialed a number. "Hey, I don't think I can make it into work today. Do you think you could cover my shift?"

"Still got that cold?"

"Yeah. I've still got it." Jimin lied, petting the dog, who started to whine.

"Then of course I'll cover your shift. Tell me what animal stopped you this time." Taehyung laughed before hanging up.

"Damn, he got me again." Jimin laughed. "Alright little one, you're coming with me today." Jimin smiled at the dog, and it whimpered in return. "I'll take care of you. Here, let me see." Jimin rummaged through his bag, looking for something it could eat or something he could use as a leash. He only had his lunch.

Jimin held his fruit out, hoping the dog would follow. "Come." Jimin started to walk, cautiously watching the dog so it wouldn't wonder or walk away. It seemed to know how to follow.

Jimin walked to his apartment, opening the door and letting the dog inside. "Do you need food? I can make some meat." Jimin went to his refrigerator, hurriedly getting some food in the microwave. He looked back to see the dog laying on the floor, whimpering. "You must be tired. Let me check you over after you eat."

Jimin gave him the warmed up meat. "It's not much but-"

The dog scarfed it up, before going back to whimpering.

"I'll feed you more after I clean you up. Come." Jimin went to the bathroom, sitting down on the ground. The dog laid down carefully, laying his head on Jimin's lap. "Oh you sweet thing." Jimin started to check over his fur to see for wounds. Little cuts here and there, and a bigger cut on his leg. No wonder he was limping. Jimin got toilet paper, something he could reach without moving, and started to dab at the wounds.

"What happened little one?" Jimin spoke softly, cleaning him up, before moving to start warming up the bath water. "Do you want to go inside?"

The dog gave a low whine.

"Alright, inside!" Jimin picked him up slowly, the dog giving a fit about it. "Ahhhhhh, stop lemme-" Jimin hurriedly put him in the tub, starting to put water on him, soap covering his hands quickly. The dog calmed down once he touched the water, and Jimin was able to give him a bath. He's cleaned many animals who would jump out of the water.

"Alright, you're all good." Jimin got a towel and held it up. "Shake?"

The dog just looked at him.

"Okay then." Jimin started to dry him off. He seemed to lean into it. "You poor baby. You're so sweet." Jimin pet him, trying to dry him without hurting him. After finally finishing, he sprayed him with a perfume, just to give him a better smell. They walked to the kitchen again. Jimin had to admit he was well trained.