Own your deceit ...

I sat on the edge of a cliff , felt the wind push me in every direction . I turned around and saw Vira looking at me . Staring at me with wide eyes . Tear stained cheeks and puffy red eyes like she had been crying . 

" Forgive me .. " she whispered . 

I felt my fangs elongate . 

I hissed at her , " I will give you death . " 

"Forgive me , and you won't loose him ." She threatened . 

" Loose who ?" I spat . 

" Your Mate ." she whispered . 

I launched at her . 

I woke with a jolt , breathing hard . 

Adam was right in front of me . Looking into my eyes . 

" You saw that ?" I asked . 

" I almost forgot you had a mate . " he said sternly . 

" Well, it wouldnt really matter if he died or not . " I lied . 

"We both know that's a lie ." He stated .

I reached out and put my hand on his face .

Why do I need you ?

He sighed and touched my hand .
Always and forever . I heard him say .

" You really mean that ?" I whispered.
With my heart .
" Don't ever leave me . " I said .

He just nodded .

" I love you , Sage . " He whispered .

I looked deeper into his eyes , I searched his soul for any smudges but hadn't found any . He knew what I was doing and  he leaned forward so I could smell him . Nothing , no lie . No betrayal.  No deceit anywhere to be found.

He leaned closer and brushed his lips across mine .

He pulled back and said , " I made a promise to you . I promised that I would stand as your protector ."

I smirked , " Well, I can make this protect myself . "

He forrowed his eyebrows and said ," Not from yourself ."

" Why am I the only person who sees this side of you ? " He asked .

" Because besides Sam your the only person I trust enough to show this side . " I said. " Its like you filled Val's spot and filled the empty whole in my chest . "

He nodded and got up to leave . I reached out and grabbed his hand .

" Stay with me . " I said.

He crawled in behind me and held me tight against his chest .

" I love you too Adam . "

Ziphora growled but whined suddenly . Confused as to what she should feel . I just breathed in slowly and exhaled . Causing a  tear to purge in the process .

*********** The Next Morning ****************

I woke up to the sun creeping through the window .Laying on a smooth surface that smelled like Adam . I opened my eyes slowly and took in the scene before . Adam laying on his back , looking peaceful . Sam across the room in her bed laying spread eagle , snoring . I smiled an actual smile . It kinda hurt my face to smile actually . But in this moment I realized , I would only be happy with these two idiots . I turned my attention back to Adam who was now looking at me with loving eyes .