Chapter 28

"I want my husband!" I cry out again, clutching the hand of a lady in waiting. "Please! Find Aaron." Hot tears stream down my face that I can't stop, the door bursts open and he is suddenly at my side, forcing me to open my eyes and look at him. 

"The baby is almost here."

"I know, Lana, I'm so sorry."

"It's alright," I cry out again as pain courses through me. The physician finally lets out a sigh of relief, a small cry is heard, and I hear a servant tell me I have a daughter. The daughter I was promised.

I didn't feel so weak though after delivering John, now I feel like I can't even move. Aaron holds our daughter, Isabel, looking down at me with concern in his eyes. "Lana, please speak to me."

"Should I die you will rule Spain."  The woman told me I would be happy, but perhaps that was the happiness I had with Aaron before our daughter was born.  "And when you die, Lyanna shall be the Queen."

Tears run down his face now, he clutches my hand, shaking his head back and forth.  "No Lana, you are not going to die here."

The physician looks at us with a grim face.  "I was able to stop your bleeding your majesty, you have lost a lot of blood."

"Will she make it?"  Aaron asks.

"Time will tell." 

He leaves us alone, I look at my daughter and reach out a shaking hand to touch her small head, so beautiful.  "Aaron, let me go."

"We will raise our daughter together, Lana, we will."

"Remind her of me, tell her I love her everyday for the rest of your life, and remind the world of me, I'll be forgotten as a woman."

Spots fill my vision, Aaron yells my name and the baby cries as I slip into darkness.

England

"You have had plenty of months to return to Spain and kill Lana, but you have backed away from each chance, we had a deal."

Thomas only stares at Phillip, sharpening a dagger and then walking towards him. "You want to rule Spain, have us both rule this world?"

"Of course."

"No man in his right mind would share that power, with Spain in your grasp you will never give me my part of the bargain."

Thomas swiftly stabs Phillip, twisting the king blade around the Spaniard's chest and pulling it out with a sickening sound of flesh and bone. "Word was sent to me, Castellana is on the brink of death and has delivered a daughter, you have nothing now."

Phillip holds his hand over the wound, blood trickles from his mouth as Thomas pushes him back onto the floor, watching him quickly die. He nods, wiping the dagger clean in his coat as he leaves the room, walking quickly down the halls of English Court. Knowing that girl she won't die, and Thomas will have to take her life on his own, something done right must be on his own anyways.