chapter forty-five: beauty and a beast

"beauty and a beast"

hallmann & klee

"it's great that you're considering applying for schools again!" you applauded, resting your chin in your hand while you leaned over the circular brunch table."do you know where you wanna finish your senior year yet?"

"i haven't decided. but i've got a few places in mind."

"yeah?" you cocked your head, watching him take a sip from his mimosa."like where?"

the blonde just chuckled, brushing off your eagerness."it's a surprise. anyway, what about you?"

you pouted, twisting a loose strand of your low bun between your fingers."i'm still thinking about whether i want to stay in trost or move out for uni..."

"which ones have you applied to?"

"ludwig-maximilians university of ehrmich, orvud law school, university of libero and university of mitras."

"do you think you have the grades to get in?"

"at the moment, yeah...but i'm so scared that i'll mess up my end-of-year examinations and completely fail."

"don't say that," armin protested, wiping his mouth."you're one of the smartest people i know, you'll definitely be able to do it!"

a smile spread across your face at his encouragement.

"and what exactly is it that you're doing exactly?"

the familiar feel of fingers against your skin made you jerk from your seat a little. a strong hand elevated your chin, tilting your head upwards until you were face-to-face with the towering presence behind you. his expression was dark, an unmistakable tension radiating from him.

"i thought you were at work."

you almost suffocated on your own saliva."oh, i... i was just—"

armin's face fell at the confrontation, recalling how unsettling his first meeting with your boyfriend had been.