Chapter 53

Kara's POV

Three Weeks Later

It's been a while since the cop appeared at my door that day. Levi and the rest of his gang have refused to tell me any more details about what he did to turn their attention away besides the fact that they have stopped looking.

After a few days of trying to get more information, I gave up and eventually focused more on school.

It's my graduation day now and I am sitting in the middle row watching the valedictorian give a speech. Stretching my neck to this side, I yawn. Melanie nudges me with her shoulder and I accidentally bump into a guy sitting beside me. He shoots me a short glare. "Sorry," I give him an apologetic smile and turn back to Melanie. "What the hell?" I whisper.

"If I can't fall asleep then you can't. We have to endure this boring speech together." She grabs my arm and pulls me to her side.

I roll my eyes and look back to the front.

"...and I couldn't have experienced this with a better group of people. You are all truly amazing.."

"Isn't that the girl who talks shit about everyone in our grade?" Melanie cuts in, whispering over to me.

"Shh." I hush her, giggling.

"With that being said, congratulation graduates!" She cheers, throwing up her mortarboard.  

Melanie and I both jump and toss our hats in the air, cheering.

Hats around me were falling, and I just grabbed mine, shining a red color in the grass. I bedazzled it with red stones to make it stand out. When I rise from the ground, Levi is standing a few feet away from me, holding pink lilies. "Congrats graduate," he teases.

I laugh, taking the flowers from his hand. "Thank you," I smile. He bends down, grabbing my chin between his finger and connecting my lips to his. His lips are warm and soft and we kiss for a minute before he pulls away and swipes something out from in his pocket.

"What is it?" I question, looking up to his eyes.

"Open it."

I cautiously take the envelope from him and rip it open. There are two plane tickets inside and my eyes widen in shock. "Levi, how did you get two? Mrs. Clark said I wouldn't be able to go for another week."

"I was able to get it pushed forward with persuasion and I just bought another ticket for myself. The tickets are for Saturday." He wraps his hands around my waist. "We can go now."

I raise my eyebrow suspiciously, "With persuasion?"

He laughs, head tilting back a little "You should know by now, Kara, that I have a way with words."

I roll my eyes.

"Wait, what about your gang? You can't just leave them so suddenly."

"They know, I told them weeks ago. Jenna is going to take over for me, Chase will help her and to others, I've technically disappeared. No one is going to come after us, you have nothing to worry about. I've been planning this ever since that night we talked on the phone. We can go to England, Kara." Levi has the biggest smile on his face, like the happiest, biggest grin I've ever seen on him. He looks so proud of himself and excited to see my smile spread wider.

"Really?" I say. This seems too good to be true. It almost began to feel as if this would never come.

"Yes!" He exclaims, laughing.

"I can get a job down there and you have your internship. We can start again, together."

I release a breathy laugh and wrap my arms around his neck. "Oh my god."

We stand there hugging and soon multiple arms surround us. "Group hug!" Someone shouts.

Melanie squeezes herself against Levi and I, and Hunter hold us both by our shoulder.

"This special moment deserves to be captured! Babe, give me my phone!" Melanie nudges Hunter with her elbow and he digs into his jacket to hand it to her. She squeezes in close to me with Hunter on her left side and Levi on my right side. "Say debt, bitches!"

We all laugh, making my cheeks begin to hurt from all the smiling I've been doing today.

"DEBT!!", we all scream and some people turn to look at us with scared looks on their faces.

Once Melanie is finished taking all the photos she needs to find the perfect one, Levi pulls me aside and hugs me from behind. He lifts his own camera in the air and angles it downward. "We need our own memory."

I feel a smile spread on my face for the millionth time today and grab his arms that are wrapped around my waist. He lowers his face so that his cheek is lined up with mine and I am engulfed in his warmth. "So proud of you baby," he says before kissing my jaw.

I blush, "Thanks."

"There we go, now look at the camera."

I chuckle and follow his instructions just before he snaps a shot of the both of us. Coincidentally, the sun is shining almost directly in our faces, making our skin appear as though it's glowing.

It felt like the world stopped and we were the only ones on their field, sharing this moment together alone. Never had I felt so consumed with unbelievable happiness and it was mostly due to the man right behind me. I return the kiss he gave me, "I love you."

His ears turn a bit pink and I smirk at his reaction. I love how comfortable he is with being
himself and showing more emotion that simply anger. This is the man who I fell in love with and will spend the rest of my life with.

He is the imperfect person that is perfect for me.

"I love you." He replies.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The End.