Chapter 19

Don't you just hate when you're having an amazing dream and something wakes you up.

Yeah,..that's me right about now.

The sound of the front door slamming shut woke me, causing me to become curious as to who left. I got up out of bed and made my way to the window beside it to see if I can catch whoever it was that left.

I draw back the curtains, squint my eyes and catch a glimpse of a tall blonde strutting away farther from the house.

Iris?

Closing the curtains once again, I turn back to the sleeping man sprawled out on the large mattress. He tossed over to his other side facing me. His bedhead fell over his face hiding half of it and his breathing was calm and relaxed. I put on fluffy grey socks and started to walk out the door to see what was going on.

"Where are you going?" Said the groggy deep voice from behind me.

I turned around and saw Levi sitting halfway up and staring at my body in the doorway. I looked at him, silently debating whether or not I should tell him I saw Iris.

After a few seconds of the stare contest, I gave in. "Iris was here."

He sat up straighter at the mention of her and I felt an unusual pang in my chest at his actions.

"Did you hear her say anything?"

I tucked a short strand of hair behind my ear and crossed my arms over my chest. "No, I just saw her walking away from the house a few minutes ago."

"Well did she seem angry or sad?" Levi asked, his eyebrows raised.

"..I'm not sure."

He released a sigh and fell backwards onto the bad again. I sat myself beside him on the bed and touch his shoulder lightly, signaling for him to sit back up and he did a few seconds later.

"I'm sure she won't be gone too long, she did tell you that she'll be back for the plan you have to stop Jordan, this Saturday, right?"

He looks up at me and nods. His eyes stay connected to mine as if he's debating whether to say something.

"Did Iris have something to do with you being all bruised and sore?" He guesses.

My eyes widen as I almost died right then and there. "What?"

"It was her, wasn't it? That's why you didn't want me to know about what she did, because she's apart of my gang."

I tense up at how he guessed everything correctly but I try not to show a reaction for fear of him figuring it all out. But unfortunately, he noticed me sit up a little straighter at the mention of me being bruised.

His eyes were glossed over with shock and realization. "I'm right, aren't I?"

I look back at him again and his eyes search mine for validation. I sigh and nod my head just a little, but enough for him to see.

His eyes bulge out of their sockets and his mouth parts. I turn my head and look down at my hands, deciding I didn't want to see his reaction to when I tell him that I got beat up by one of his close friends.

A little while longer and I feel his hand go to my cheek and he turns my head to face him again. His eyes returned to regular size and his expression looks sincere.

"This will never happen again. I will make sure of that." He says sternly, his warm hand still resting on my cheek.

•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○○•○•○•○•○•○•○•

I'm sorry for taking a long time to update a new chapter, school has been very stressful for me recently. I will try my best to update at least 3 times a month.

Dont forget to VOTE♡