The LA effect!

I sat at the airport waiting for the announcement to take place.

The same airport where about two months back Caleb had kissed me, the same airport where I realised that he was one of the most important person in my life and the same airport where I saw him drop his guards down and showed me the emotions he had within him.

But this time, I wasn't here to bid farewell to anyone, in fact I was myself travelling to the other part of the country for a week to meet the guy I was head over heals for.

Crazy! I know.

I sat beside Patricia tapping my foot on the floor. I had lost my patience level and was restlessly waiting for the announcement. The emotions that hovered over me was mixed and everyone could know that. Including Patricia.

Why can't the announcement happen already?

Caleb had finally convinced me to join Patricia and travel to LA, and even Patricia herself was really excited to get accompanied by me.

My mom was a bit of a hurdle between me and my destination but Patricia and James were the ones who supported me and finally, I was left in the care of my mom's ultimate best friend. 

It was 24th December today, a day before Christmas and our vacation had began. Though there were slight snowfalls, the weather was a bit better so hopefully our flight wouldn't get canceled. 

School had been my most important priority for the past few weeks, so now it was my turn to enjoy my break. Even though I had few essays to complete,  I hoped I would get to complete those in my flight, as I had carried my laptop.

As far as my friends were concerned,  Nora and Nick were now an official couple and I guess the students at our school were slightly taken aback by that. Nick being a popular guy, who left his gang was now taken and the girls really couldn't handle that properly. I guess they just had to deal with it.

All of my four friends were staying back at home and enjoying their Christmas together but I wasn't jealous. There was no reason to be jealous.

I was meeting Caleb and that is what I should be worried about.

---------------------------------------------

It was a long journey,  but I was more excited to jump off the plain at LAX. Caleb and his "famous" cousin Chris were coming to pick us up at the airport. We were staying at Chris' apartment in the middle of the city. I don't even know the area.

After we landed, we grabbed our luggage and walked out. I gripped my luggage as hard as I could because I was meeting Caleb after two whole months and this time, he wasn't that lonely but cute guy sitting in the stool at the cornor of the instrumental store. He was now almost a celebrity who was confident and cool.

I know, even two months can bring a great difference in a person's life. His band, 'Being Outcasts' were already pretty famous before he joined and after the press conference where Caleb was introduced as the new lead guitarist, I heard they were now having more followers.

So I braced myself as I walked towards the exit beside Patricia to find myself looking at people with boards standing and waiting for their people to arrive.

My eyes searched the crowd and then it landed on the guy with piercing blue eyes, and a perfect smirk on his face. My lips automatically curved into a smile as our eyes met and he returned with one too.

Heat rose up to my cheeks and I could feel butterflies in my stomach. I wanted to leave all my bags behind and them jump right into his arms but I was in the airport beside his mom, so I resisted my urge.

Control your hormones Brianna!