Friends??

Do you have certain days in your life when you don't want to get up till noon, be lazy and stay in the bed for the entire day?

Well Friday was that sort of day for me. I did not want to get up. I did not want to go to work. I did not want to do anything.

Even though spending another day with Caleb gave me chills, my stomach had taken control over my mind. I was irritated, angry, sad, and even anxious. All sorts of negetive emotions hoverd over me. Thanks to Mother Nature.

Dragging myself literally from the bed, I went to take a shower, wore some comfy clothes and floaters. I had a little breakfast and a medicine.

Thank God Mom had left early that day so there was no one to stop me from going to work.

My sister had gone back to college early due to some extra credit work she had to complete. If she would have been at home then she would have made me some soup and massaged my body.

Just the thought of it made me sad. Damn.

Fighting all my negetive emotions, I left home. I was not in a state to walk so I took a cab.

After reaching, I realised that Caleb hadn't arrived yet. I opened up shop and cleaned around a little. I pulled a large stool from the storeroom so that I could sit and work today. I cleaned it up too and sat there waiting for Caleb to arrive.

He was late today.

15 minutes. 30 minutes. 1 hour.!

Damn. I came to work, half dragging myself, trying to be a good co-worker and he was an hour late.

He entered the shop as if nothing was wrong. As if he owned it.

He did not show any remorse for being late, nor did he apologize. He just went directly towards his corner and started with his regular job. I was now irritated.

I did not speak to him nor to any customer like I always did. I just did what I was assigned to do.

During lunch time, my aches got worse. I couldn't gather enough strength to go out and buy anything to eat or drink. I couldn't even sit on the stool properly.

Caleb went out to grab his usual coffee without noticing me dying in pain.

I sat on the floor hugging my knees to my stomach.

I suddenly heard a soft melodic voice from above the counter calling my name. I knew who it was.

He came inside the counter and sat on the floor with me.

"Are you alright Brianna?" he asked. I nodded in reply.

"Liar. Do you want some warm coffee? You can drink mine."

He handed me his Starbucks coffee and I took it gratefully sipping it. Coffee did really help to ease the pain. I felt better after drinking a warm coffee. Now all I needed waa to go home and be in bed for the rest of the day.

I was shocked when I heard him say "Do u wanna go home? Its better if you rest."

I nodded in reply again

I took out my cellphone thinking I would call one of my friends to pick me up when I realised that Alan had a class, Sandra had already left for Chicago and Nora was busy with her family.

I wasn't close enough with any other friends of mine that I would tell them my personal problems.

I was thinking of taking a cab again when Caleb said "Don't have anyone who can pick you up? Why don't you get yourself a car? You don't have to take cabs always."