Epilogue

There I lay, below the stars. Staring at the sky full of twinkling objects and a big circular figure which people believed to be an epitome of romance, the moon. I could hear a heavy breathing beside me but instead of paying attention to it, I kept on ogling at the moon above my head.

How could it look so perfect from far, so flawless? And from nearby look exactly the opposite? I could never understand.

Deep in thoughts, I lay on the ground. Not caring about the world around me. Not caring at the person beside me.

As time passed, I felt a drop hit my face. A drop that brought me back to reality. I tilted my face towards the person beside me and smiled at him. He smiled back.

Those flawless looking eyes, that unbroken smile and the perfect person still gave me chills like he used to five years back. Time flies.

The shiver that his touch gave me, the happiness that his smile gave me and the mixture of emotions that he made me feel was still the same. Nothing had changed.

Caleb was there beside me, with his tie hung loose, hair all messy and well, his face as perfect as ever. Oh so perfect that it made me feel insecure about myself.

His hand crawled up to grab mine as the rain started to pour down. One drop, two drops, three drops and then just like that, we were a bit drenched.

He pulled me closer towards him and then slowly leaned in towards my ears. He said, "Don't wanna be late for your own party. Do you?"

Damn. His husky yet so melodious voice still effected me so much.

I shook my head and then followed him towards our car. Yes, our car.

Past five years with him was amazing yet full of ups and downs. Our lives were transformed. The only thing that remained the same was our love for one another.

Mom and Mr Harris got married and well, they shifted to Chicago right after I got into college. She needed a new beginning.

Tasha on the other hand was now in China, working for some NGO. I know, my badass sister was finally living her life in a better way.

Patricia was still in Manhatten. Still nice as ever, and was currently dating a fellow doctor. She was happy.

Nora and Nick well, guess what? They were in Manhatten too. Nick a great chef and Nora a great lecturer. They broke up in between but then got back together. Now going strong.

Alan and Sandra on the other hand broke up and it ruined our group. Sandra left for Stanford and then never returned back to New York. Alan was now single but was doing great in his soccer field.

In case of Caleb and I , we were living together in New York too, but not in Manhatten. We were in Time Square and he was now a great lawyer.
I was almost a writer too and a part time journalist.

That was not the only changes that took place. The major change in our life came when I got an offer for the publishing of my book, The Incredible Happiness. It was a perfect opportunity for me to step into the world of authors.

And today, we were hosting a success party at our small apartment for just our small gathering of friends and family.

"Am I looking okay? Is my make up running down?" I asked as I dried myself up.

"Don't worry, you look amazing. You're make up is perfect." He said taking the small paper towel from my hand.

I checked myself in the mirror and then looked at him shaking my head, "This is perfect? This?" I pointed at the smudged mascara at the side of my face.