Crazy Stupid Love.

"Brianna Anne Brown! If you don't take your ass out of that stupid room of yours,  I'm going to tell Alan and Nick to drop you in the Atlantic." Nora screamed out loud, barging into my room with a bang. She threw the covers off me and then poured a bowl full of ice water.

What a great way to start my Saturday!

"What the hell is wrong with you Nora? Can't you see I'm trying to sleep?" I said with a high pitched shout.

"Sleeping is all you've been doing since a month. Did you even forget what day is it today?" She spat with an angry look on her face.

"What is so special about today that you have to do the ice bucket challenge on me? I mean can't I even rest during the weekends?" I asked getting out of my bed with my feet making a thud sound on the floor.

"You really don't remember do you? I mean what has gone inside you since that day at the airport." She scoffed and then walked towards the calendar hung the wall.

She took a marker out of my study table's drawer and then marked a circle around a particular date. 30th November! 

Good lord! How could I forget? I was so stupid.

I looked at her and she was standing with her arms crossed in front of her chest, pursing her lips. I blinked a few times and then slowly walked towards her.

"Nora I can explain." I said putting my hand forward to touch hers.  Instead of letting me touch it, she walked backwards.

"Okay then, explain!" She said with teary eyes. "Explain!" She screamed.

"I... I have been-" I started, but nothing followed those words.

"You have been what Bri?"She spat at me. I could clearly see how hurt she was. "You have been what? Busy? Well, all you do is sleep in your free time. Caught up with your family? Last time I checked,  your mom had started to go work and Tasha is back to college. You have been what Brianna?" She clearly was hurt, not just hurt but angry too.

"You know how the last month has been for me Nora. I know I made a big mistake, but please let me make it up for it?" I said with pleading eyes.

"That's the reason why I told the others not to show any sympathy towards you Bri. 'Oh poor Bri, Caleb left and now she is heartbroken' and 'she needs support because her crush left her in confusion'. I'm sick and tired of hearing all these. You don't need all these sympathy from them, you are a perfect independent woman, and you don't need people to tell you how hard it is for you."She stopped.  And I didn't speak because she was right. I was acting stupid.

She continued after a pause, "Bri, I know how hard it was for you, Caleb went and then after leaving you in confusion, he hasn't even contacted you once, and doesn't even reply your messages or answer your calls, but it has been more than a month! 32 days! Do you even know how stupid you've been acting after he left."

"You can't just mope around feeling pathetic about yourself. It wasn't your fault that he kissed you and then didn't even send a text!  It's his loss. You need to just forget about it and then move on. Going to school but doing nothing after that is not the answer to your problems." She concluded with a sigh.

"How can say that Nora?" I snapped at her. "I can't just forget about it and move on. It's easy for you to say but you don't understand anything. Anything at all."

"Oh really? Wow! I guess it is very hard to move on with life! I mean I have never really been through it so I don't know about it. I guess it is so hard that-," She paused for a while and looked at me with her eyes full of tears and the screamed out loud. "YOU FORGOT YOUR BEST FRIENDS BIRTHDAY!"