Should I Be Happy or Should I Be Sad?

Caleb Lanter.

It was all that I had in my head. First the music and now his name.

What is wrong with me? Why can't I concentrate on other stuffs not related to him?

I was was walking towards the park near my home that evening. After a day full of him, I needed a walk to clear my mind.

Just then an idea crossed my mind. I quickly took out my cellphone from my pocket and called my bestie, Nora.

She was the only one could distract me now.

She picked up after the fourth ring. "Can't live a day without me. Can you?"

I smiled. She knew exactly what I wanted. "Well, hello to you too, N and nope I can't. I want some entertainment"

"Why don't you come over?" she asked me with a humorous tone.

"That's what I wanna do. See you in 10." saying this, I cut the call and headed towards her house which was few blocks away from the park.

After spending the entire evening with Nora, I was relieved. She distracted me. She didn't know the reason why I needed the distraction but she did it anyways.

Its not that I didn't want to share my new found story with my best friend, but it just felt too private to tell anyone. It felt it was my secret to keep. Not another gossip to share.

Moreover, if Nora came to know about this then she would force me to take her to my work just to make fun of me and my hopelessness. I knew she would have understood it but still I did not want to take any chance.

I wanted too keep it all within me because I knew that once I open my mouth, it would all loose its meaning.

Whatever that "it" was.

___________________________

Next morning was a Sunday morning. I got up late, worked through my blog. I was planning to have fun today as from the next day I would start working.

Just the fact about work gave me chills. I would be in the same place with him for almost 6-7 hours. Everyday. I did not care about my mother opposing it or my friends scolding me for wasting the summer of my life.

Well Yea, it would be the last summer I would be spending here in Manhattan, as I was starting my senior year after the summer and then I was going to either Princeton or New York University. It was all planned.

I just wanted to explore my self this summer before I start to explore the world. This was the best opportunity for me to do so and check whether all the decisions I'm making are the right ones.

After taking a bath, I got dressed up. I was spending the afternoon with Alan, Nora and Sandra.

I headed towards the pizza corner nearby where I would be meeting them.

As I entered, I spotted Sandra in the table in the right cornor. I walked towards her, waving from far. She was one of the good friends I had. I could trust her with anything and I knew that. But still, like Nora, I did not share anything about my present state with her. As I said earlier, I felt like it was my secret to keep.

"Someones looking good today." I commented as I sat down and Sandra slightly blushed. "Where are the others anyway?"

"They might be late. Oh. Look, they came together." Sandra pointed towards the door as Alan and Nora came in. Nora was smiling while Alan had a seriously surprised face.

"Whats up guys. Why are you in such a good mood today?" I asked Nora as they sat down.

"Well, Nora here has invited someone to join us for lunch today. I'm shocked because he agreed."

"He? Who is it Nora?" Sandra asked looking at Nora curiously.

"Its Nick." Nora replied blushing slightly.

Nicholas Davis, aka Nick was the hearthrob of Manhattan Academy. He was one of the nice guys you can meet. He was not the heartbreaker kind of guy. Infact, he hardly dated much because he wanted to meet the one.

Nora had a crush on him since the 7th grade but did not have enough courage to confess or ask him out.

I was shocked to know that Nick would be joining us after a while. In fact he just had entered.

He walked towards us with a smile and sat in between Nora and me saying "Hi guys, thanks for letting me join you all. Im extremely hungry."

We all greeted him too and orderd. After our order was served, we ate as we talked about our plans for the summer.

Sandra was going to Chicago to her grandparents'. Alan was taking extra physics classes. Nora was going for a holiday to Mexico with her parents next week for 2 entire weeks. As for me and Nick, we both were working.

"I'm glad there is someone on my side." I said talking about my work thing. My friends had been nagging telling me not to work but when they came to know that even Nick is working, they stopped.

I could clearly see that all of the people admired Nick. He was humble, sweet and caring. He was a perfect match for Nora.

We all were busy talking about the movie were planning to watch the next weekend before Nora and Sandra left.

Just then something happened, something changed. The atmosphere became more dense. I became rigid and frozen. It was because he entered the restaurant.

I had a rush. I stared at him. He was looking flawless. With black t-shirt and some ripped jeans, he was looking more better than the day before.

Nick caught me staring, and looked at him, and back to me, smiling.

Caleb, yes he, walked towards a table where a girl sat. He sat opposite of her with a huge grin. The waiter went to them. They gave him the order and were deep into a conversation.

I took my eyes away from them with a bit of pain in my heart. Maybe she was his girlfriend. I couldn't see her face, as her back was towards us, but I was sure she was very gorgeous, just by looking at her hair.

Cutting me from my thoughts, Sandra spoke-"Hey,thats Vanessa right? Our senior who graduated this year.?" she pointed towards, Calebs table. "Is that her boyfriend? He is so cute."

"Yah, thats Vanessa. And he is not her boyfriend." he looked at me with a smile and continued "That is her cousin, Caleb. He lives in the central New York City and comes here to his grandparents every summer. He is already pretty famous here actually."

Omg, It was Vanessa Lanter. She was the it girl of Manhattan Academy. She was pretty, smart and very popular. Every guy wanted her but she never was interested in dating, after the love of her life died in a car crash two years back. It took a lot of time for Vanessa to re-adjust her life.

I was happy that they were cousins, not in a relationship. But then another thing struck me from within.

Will I be able to impress Caleb, who had a queen-bee as his sister?

Oh crap!

I was just another regular half nerdy, half crazy, American teenager. He was already famous in the town he actually just visits for a month every year. People hardly knew me in my own home town and he was known by most in the town where he doesn't even live permanently.

Will I be able to befriend Caleb, A popular guy with many fans? Will I be able to talk to him ever? Will I be able to get the answer to my questions in just a month?

Well, it was for me to.figure out.