A Good Day.

Warm rays of sunlight gently touched my face. Maybe I forgot to close the curtains but I did not get irritated with it. I felt warmth and satisfaction through out my body. Weather was really pleasant today and so was my mood. 

I felt good this morning. All the drama that had taken place yesterday in my room was now just a memory but that drama did make my friendship with Caleb stronger and now we were on better terms. I felt a new type of energy passing through me, I felt happy and after three weeks of misery, I finally felt good.

Monday morning! Today was the day when all the other students joined the school back and school would be crowded. Just a week was left for Nick's student body president's election and even my article would be printed today.

I took a long shower, brushed my teeth,  dried my hair and started to get ready. I wore a creme coloured sundress with flats and french braided my hair side ways. I applied mascara and a little blush around my pale cheeks and finally added a lip gloss. I looked girly but I did not mind.

I was feeling good after a long time so I wanted to look good as well. Other days, I wore  a random top and loose jeans with converse or vans and never even tried to brush my hair much so I wanted to try something different today.

After getting ready for school,  I went down for breakfast.  I ate in silence because mom was busy with a big case she had today and I didn't want to disturb her.

Few minutes later I received a call from Nora, and she told me she had flu so she won't be going to school.

Damn there won't be anyone to compliment my girlish looks today.

I asked my mom to drop me, but she was busy completing her work so she gave me some money to catch a bus or a cab to school. Taking the books I needed in my totes, I left for school.

When I reached our front porch, I tried to stop cab that was passing by, but it didn't. I saw no cabs around so I started walking towards the bus stop. While I was walking,  I heard a car honk behind me.

I turned around and saw Nick's car with Caleb taking the shot gun. I smiled at them and at the same time Nick said, "Get in." I hurriedly got into the back seat and we took off to school.

On our way, Nick looked at me from the rear view mirror and said, "I thought you came to school with Nora, where is she?"

"She's sick. She has flu so I was planning to go to school in bus."I replied.

"Oh, will you go to see her in the evening?"Nick asked trying to look less curious.

"No, she told me not to go today. She fears that I might catch it too." I answered holding my smile back.

As we reached the school, Nick parked his car on his area. I caught my bag and opened the door to get out.

I turned around and said, "Hey Nick,  thanks for the ride."

He looked at me and said, "No problem Brianna, if you need a ride in the evening, let me know. As it is I'll have to drop this guy", pointing towards Caleb.

I shook my head and said, "No, it's ok. I think I don't need a ride." With that I finally got out waving at both of them and walked towards the main door of our school.

I was walking towards my locker,  when I heard someone calling my name. I turned around to find Caleb jogging towards me.

I stopped in my track, and raised my eyebrows at him crossing my arms around my chest.

"Hey," he said panting a little.

"Hi," I smiled at him.

"You walked so fast, didn't even give me time to ask you to wait." He said answering my smile.