The Embarrassed Girl.

Waking up rolled up in your sleeping bag is cool, but waking up with a huge spider taking a nap along with you on your sleeping bag is definitely not cool. It's not like I had problems with spiders but who would be so happy to find one on top of you, just when you open your eyes?

Well, what did I do? I did what every girl in this universe does, I screamed. I screamed out loud trying to open my sleeping bag. I jumped up in a startle and finally when the spider fell off, I gave a sigh of relief.

Due to my sudden outburst, I woke up Nora and Sandra. Nora opened the zip of my sleeping bag and Sandra tried to shoo the spider away like we usually shoo the dogs. If I wasn't in a state of trauma then I would have totally laughed at her action but since I wasn't sane, I tried to do the same. I know, I'm stupid at times.

After a while,  someone opened the zipper of our tent and came in. It was Alan. "What's going on?  I heard a scream, are you girls fine?" He asked in a concerned way.

"No, look at that spider." I said pointing towards the place where that spider was.

"Oh, thank god it's only a spider." He said with a sigh. 

"Only a spider? You don't know how poisonous spiders are? What if it had bit us?" Sandra asked with anger.

"Yeah you're right but thank god it wasn't a bear or a lion that could gobble you up in one go." He said trying to remove the spider with a stick.

"Yeah fine, get rid of that fast." Nora said waving her hand to and fro.

"Who was the one to scream?" Nick asked trying to pop his head inside our already full tent.

"Bri!" Sandra and Nora half shouted simultaneously.

"Cool, that was one hell of a scream. It woke us up instantly. " Nick sarcastically pointed out leaving me speach less

"We didn't even need an alarm." I heard Caleb's voice from outside and everyone laughed,  including Nora and Sandra.

God, this is so embarrassing.

Alan gently picked the spider up in Nora's sweatshirt and went outside to throw it. Nora's face was priceless when she saw it was her sweatshirt Alan had used. It was my turn to laugh at her.

After our funny encounter with a spider, all of us freshened up and planned the events for the day. We planned to walk deeper into the forest and then return  back to our original spot by evening. Alan  and Sandra had found a small waterfall yesterday while they were searching for the firewood and we planned to go there too, for a swim.

Taking the things we need, we walked towards the denser part of the forest. It wasn't something scary, but it wasn't so easy going either. So that we wouldn't get confused on our way back,  we marked the trees.

It was the first time for me, to go on a treat or a hike. We had never had a camping either. My other friends had done these with their families but I was small when my dad had left us, and after that my mom was too busy working hard for us. She had to take care of me and my sister and during the holidays,  we either went on a shopping or we just sat home watching movies.  Whatever outdoor activities that I learned to do was through my friends.

  I didn't even have any cousins around to hang out with. I don't even know my dad's side of family and from my mom's, my grandma is alive and my mom was the only child. Maybe, sitting indoor most of the time had made me become friends with novels and books. The pleasure that people got by hanging out, having fun and partying was given to me by being engrossed in some fictional world created beautifully by the authors.