Opening up.

Next few days passed pretty well. Nora sent a few pics of her enjoying the vacations and I must say I was jealous.

It was alright though, because I was actually enjoying the work too.

It was not so awkward anymore. Caleb and I were getting along fine. Even though we were not best of friends, we did have few quick exchange of words here and there when the shop was not crowded.

Alan on the other hand was busy with his extra classes and soccer practice that he hardly got time to spend with me.

After that dinner on Sunday, I did not really have any kind of nervousness around Caleb. I did not feel that I should act all perfect anymore. We were friends now and also neighbours and it meant that I should be the real me if I am supposed to be friends with him.

------------------------------------------

On Thursday, we only had few customers. After our lunchtime, I sat in my usual place inside the counter, sending a text to Alan asking about how his week was going.

Caleb was sitting in the corner using his cellphone too. He got up from his seat, dragged his stool and sat on the opposite side of the counter, just in front of me.

I looked at him and gave him a small smirk. He had one on his face too. I knew that he had some kind of comment to pass and even before I could think what it could be about, he said "I'm sure your texting your so-called best friend, Alan I mean. I can see that look on your face."

"What look?" I asked surprised.

"That amusing look when you're texting your crush, with all that blush and smiles." He said sarcastically.

I rolled my eyes, I'm sure he saw it too. How can he say that I have a crush on Alan when the person I have crush on is sitting right in front of me.

"You are so funny, you know that? I do like Alan, you are right but just as a friend. My feeling towards him brotherly type. You just can't judge everyone alright. Don't act like you know about everything, cuz you don't." I didn't mean to be angry but those words came out anyway. I couldn't stop it.

He looked at me with a little grief in his eyes. His smirk had changed into a frown. He blinked a few times before speaking.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to piss you off. I was just teasing you,not judging you. I'm really sorry alright." He looked at me with remorse.

Who couldn't forgive those pretty eyes.

"It's okay." I said. "I didn't mean to be angry either."

He smiled. I did too.

"So Bri, tell me more about your friends. What makes you like them so much that you chose them as your friends?"

Omg. He called me Bri. I can just die of happiness now.

I did not show any of my happy emotions on my face. I just answered his question.

"We do not choose friends Caleb. We become friends. We became friends because even though we had alot of differences between us, we kept it aside and tried to understand each other and stayed together through thick and thin."

"And you wanna know more about my friends?" I continued "You have already met Alan and Nora. They are my best friends. Nora is understanding and sweet while Alan is funny and a person with great sense of humour. We were actually a group of six. Me, Alan, Nora, Sandra, Brian and Anna. But before our junior year, Anna and Brian both had to move away." He continued to look at me expecting more. So I continued.

"They are twins and their father got a transfer to New York. We are still in contact with them but its just the five of us now.

Sandra is another kind of a close friend I have. She is trustworthy, even intelligent and full of wit." He listened carefully to everything I said. He showed no annoyance but was calm and interested throughout.