The Queen of Third Wheel.

People have always amazed me. The way they talk, the way they behave and the way they end up being. I have always wondered if they change with consent or the change just happens.
It's funny that now I know why people change.
They change not because they want to or they are made to. They change because they have to.

I guess I changed because I had to.

The first set of changes in me occurred first after my father's departure. I was just seven when he left and since then I stopped opening up to the people outside my comfort zone.
I drowned my self in the world of some other authors and also planned to create a new one of my own. Eventually my life was just me, my mom, my sister and my few friends. It was a perfectly small surrounding that I had adapted myself into.

But all of these came tumbling down after the arrival of Caleb. At first it was just a mere admiration and an urge to know him but later as i got to know him, he made my world upside down.

I learned to face people, I made more friends, got closer with the old ones and I also realised my life is not meant to be situated in this funny little surrounding. I needed to get out. I needed to explore and discover what I actually wanted to do.

I wanted to be a writer and that was sure but that wasn't just enough. I wanted to write about stuffs that existed not create my own.

Caleb made me go through a mixture of emotions. He tested me, cared for me and even ignored me. He made me feel love, hatred, anger, desires, happiness, sadness, and even craziness. Maybe this is the reason why I would be thankful to him.

But even though he did so much to build me up, he at times treated me like a crap that he didn't need. And right now, he was doing the same.

The comment on the E!News about me showed that he was ashamed of me. Ashamed that he was even friends with me.

After all that happened between us, maybe he realised that I wasn't good enough for him. I mean I agree, no one will ever be good enough for him.

So I'm doing the thing that is best for both of us. I'm ignoring him.
He'll be happy that I won't be around and I won't have to go through the pain that I loved him but he didn't actually feel the same about me.

-----------------------------------------------------

"It's been more than a month, Bri. You still don't want to talk to Caleb?" Alan asked me in almost a whisper.

"I don't want to talk about him." I replied in an angry tone.

He gave a big sigh and said, "Someday or the other you have to. His tours ending and he is coming home."

I looked up at him and then pursed my lips. "I don't care about his tour or when he is coming home. Heck, I don't even know where he is."

That was a lie. I knew that he was already in New York, but not in Manhatten. He was in Time Square.

"Okay fine, you don't care about him. But I hope you care about us. Tomorrow is your birthday Brianna, at least hang out with us. Will you?" Alan said with pleading eyes.

"That's for sure. I hope you guys don't have any crazy plans.?" I asked him.

He laughed out loud and then said, "No crazy plans. Trust me."

"Mr Smith and Miss Brown, please get out of the class. I don't want any disturbance taking place."

I looked up and found our teacher staring at us in anger which made me realise that we were still in class.

We slowly got up and walked out of the room and ended uo laughing in the hallway.

Alan had been going through a lot because of Sandra but I knew that they would work it out. They were perfect together and we were trying our best to hold on to them.