Mending the broken hearts.

Guilt....

That was the first thing that crept inside me when I entered my house.

Did I do the right thing by slapping Caleb? But he deserved it right?

But slapping him wasn't the right thing to do. You could have just got angry.

But he accused me of having a friends with benifit relationship with Alan. He has no right to call me a slut who sleeps with her own best friend.

He might have just been trying to tease you. He didn't mean it maybe.

It was not the good Caleb. It was the arrogant jerk side of him today. He was not teasing. He was accusing and I know it.

Whatever, now what's done is done. You can't go back and unslap him.

Stop fighting with yourself, Bri.
---------------------------------------------

After closing the door behind me, I sat down on the floor and burst out. I cried for Alan, I cried for Caleb. I cried for myself and for the guilt I felt after slapping Caleb. I even cried for the pain I was feeling in the middle part of my chest, my heart.

How can Caleb be so oblivious? Did he not see that it was him that I liked, not Alan? It was obvious to Alan and Nora that I liked Caleb. They said that I acted different around him, I blushed easily and also that I stared at him too much. How could he not even have a little hint about it? Maybe because he never thought of me in that sense. Maybe I'm just another person in his life who he thinks will let him down.

Sometimes I feel like giving him a tight slap for not realising how much I liked him. Well you actually did slap him today.

I cried my heart out. I didn't look around the house if my mom was there, I just sat down and cried not caring about the world or if Caleb was still outside.

"Oh my god, what happened Bri? Are you alright? What happened? " I looked up to find my sister keeling down to give me a hug.

What was she doing at home?

"Tell me why did you break down? Is is because of the boy who is standing outside?"she asked looking worried.

"Is he still outside?"I asked her and she nodded in reply so I continued, "Let's go upstairs. I don't wanna see him right now."

I got up and my sister took me to my room. She was looking at me in a weird way as if demanding an explanation for my break down so I asked her, "what do you wanna know?"

My sister and I had a weird relationship. We fought like any other siblings did and could not stand each other at times but when needed she was willing to help me. Since I was 7, it has only been me, mom and my sister, Tasha. Maybe that is the reason why we got along well at times. We did not share everything but were there for each other if we needed to listen.

"Everything. Who is that boy? Why were you crying? " she replied sitting down on my bed.

"That boy is Caleb."I answered.

"Caleb, I have heard his name somewhere. Wait, is he our new neighbour's son? As in mom's new BFF's son?" She asked me in a very surprising manner. She must have heard about him from mom.

"Yeah. I work with him and we are good friends." I said with a sigh. She nodded and I continued, "I know it's kind of silly but he said something that made me cry."

"Oh my god. That boy needs to get his ass kicked. What did he say? Tell me. I'll go and kick him real hard." I chuckled at her reply. But I guess she was serious as her expression did not change.