Chapter 2

The sunlight comes in and I watch it, the morning rays and the ones from the sunset are always the most beautiful ones. Our beds are soft, with silk covers and feather filled pillows...after a hard day of training, running around, horseback riding, avoiding getting killed and memorizing entire classes, nothing better than coming back to this at the end of each day. Bad thing is that we have to get out of bed the next morning and suffer again. Don't pity me, my life isn't as bad as it seems, us future lady knights should feel honored of the priviledges we have with our social status...of course we don't go out of the school's properties but we're trained our whole life to become worthy of glory, honor, and priviledges...wonderful right? I don't really care about any of that, I'm...different, and don't fit at all here...maybe my parents were wrong after all and this is the wrong place for me.

-"Fay? Are you up?"-Ruth's voice is sweet and soft as she walks to me still wearing her light pink night gown.

-"No Ruth, I'm still asleep but sitting and with my eyes open, it's a new way of sleeping you know?"-I reply jokingly. She's not offended, she just laughs.

-"I should try it sometime!"-she sits beside me. Our room is very small with only space for our three beds and our tiny bathroom, we keep our voices low knowing Min is still sleeping. But knowing her, the castle could burn up with fire with people screaming and she wouldn't wake up.

-"yeah...you should"-my eyes go back to the window, the view is nothing amazing for my best friends but I love it, the green bushy trees that will change color with seasons, the birds that come visit...

-"Faythe"-

-"hmm?"-I snap out of my thinking to look back at Ruth, she doesn't usually call me that so it's weird.

-"I'm worried about you..."-

-"why?"-

-"quests will be given soon!"-as soon as her words start to make sense in my head my eyes widen. A quest is my answer.

-"what?! How do you kno..."-she covers my mouth.

-"It's only a rumour don't get your hopes up"-

-"then why are you worrying over a rumour?"-she laughs softly at my pouty face-"Ruth I'm serious!"-

-"I'm not worried over quests, quests were only a reminder of what will eventually happen"-

-"what do you mean Ru?"-

-"COULD YOU TWO BE QUIET?!"-Min's voice makes me jump,she's death glaring at us, her messy hair gives her the appereance of an angry lion, whoops guess I was wrong.

-"sincerely Min, your lung capacity amazes me"-Ruth comments unfazed, she didn't even flinch. Her nerves of steel do amaze.

-"see the bright side of this, you've already warmed up your lungs and are ready to roar"-I joke smiling.

-"oh shut up..."-she tries going back to sleep but Ruth soon stops her.

-"no missy, this is time for breakfast, no more sleep for you"-together we pull her out of bed, after three times of getting her out we shower with cold water and dress. Our uniform is simple, we wear grey tight pants that are flexible enough to let us kick and move without trouble, a white long sleeved blouse with a black belt and black boots. My stomach growls as we walk to the dinning hall, the red carpet covering the floor doesn't make a sound as I walk, my steps are always silent, maybe that's my only talent.

-"Daphne would you calm down?! I'm sure there's a mistake!"-we're greeted by Gloria's voice yelling at one of her friends. What's going on? Daphne is not the only one nervous about something.

-"hey Gloria, the hell is going on?"-Min asks rubbing her eyes.

-"Lord Stea it's coming for an exam"-she answers, my stomach tightens, I don't feel hungry anymore. This can't be happening.

-"you say what? When?!"-Min clenches her fists also shocked by the news.

-"next week!"-

I think I'm dizzy, Ruth holds me up.

-"hey Fay...maybe you should eat something"-I swear Ruth is like my mother, nothing like my real mom of course, much better.

-"yeah but don't puke on us"-Min helps me to the table.

-"I will make sure I'll puke on you Min"-hopefully I won't throw up on anyone.

...

After eating, and thankfully not throwing up, we headed to the great hall for an assembly. Everyone is wondering what will they say, for once I'm also intrigued by this. Naturally we have assemblies to talk about the code of honor, inspiration for heroic acts, stuff that I don't really care about...I mean I do agree with some things but some rules are just ridiculous.

-"Ladies, students from the Étoiles Brillantes school, future lady knights...you've been training hard, pouring your heart into it. But now it's time for the real training, a quest. Four of you will be sent to Hosho, and will have to bring back the head of a creature"-Lady Darcy ,the director,says. A quest! Just what I needed! Three hands raise from the crowd, the devil girl with her minions of course. Lady Darcy smiles at them and announces they will be going on the quest but someone else has to join in...for a second my eyes take in the details of Lady Darcy's looks, she's tall and beautiful, her long platinium blonde hair and her grass green eyes make her look like the queen of the elves.

-"I wonder who will be the idiot to join them"-Min snorts.

-"that would be me"-

...

Blinding light, it hurts so much on my eyes but I've longed for it many years...way too many. Rage is still awake making my muscles contract, unable to hold it in my voice explodes in roarings again. How long will my rage last? Please let me fall back asleep, into a sweet long dream.

Hello dear readers!! Thank you for reading, comment and vote :3 have a great day!