Chapter 5

The sun rises painting the morning sky with soft sweet colors, the fresh breeze caresses my face and fills my lungs. Min and Ruth are no longer angry, but very worried, we hugged and said our goodbyes like we're not seeing each other ever again, and maybe we won't, I wish I had them by my side now and not Holly and her minions. Lady Darcy warned me to be extra careful, in her eyes there was something different from what I'm used to, the grass green of her eyes reflected faith in me.

-"let's go girls, this is the way"-Holly smirks and makes her horse advance in that direction, we follow in silence. We run across the forest nonstop for a long while, as dark green flashes by my sides I wonder how the Hosho lands will look like...what kind of creatures will we find? Will we die? Or I'll be left alone to die? Getting to the end of the day I feel exhausted, I pat Midget's neck, he must be more tired than I am.

-"I think Faythe and her pony can't keep up any longer"-Natasha says pretending to offend me, but I'm glad because she's right.

-"well she decided to come we can't let her weigh us down"-Rachel snaps with that deep voice, I swear she's a boy in girl clothes.

-"we'll sleep here, we're not very far away from the river but the sun is setting and it's far enough for the night to fall on us"-Holly says surprising me again. Rachel groans in disapproval, Natasha stays quiet, I just sigh relieved. We get everything prepared to stay here for the night. Sleeping beside them, Rachel specially who's capable of killing me in 9 different ways bare handed, makes me nervous. Natasha looks up at the branches for a long while before falling asleep, on the other side Holly falls asleep fast, she snores lightly and Rachel sleeps deeply snoring loudly. I'm cold...that will help me to stay awake, if I need to fight lacking hours of sleep it's not smart but fear wins over my good judgment.

...

My eyes slowly open, I don't recall actually falling asleep...Rachel didn't kill me which is good, my body is complete with no injuries. I sit up and rub my eyes...great they left without me.

-"come on Midget, let's go"-my voice sounds husky, I must look like a mess, when I try to comb my hair with my fingers they just get tangled in that dirty blonde jungle. Whatever my looks are the least important right now, I give Midget some apples I brought in my big leather bag and eat some myself.

-"hey Faythe! You caught up, we're glad"-Holly says with a sickly sweet voice, they weren't so far ahead from me after all.

-"yeah...me too"-I snap sarcastically, maybe it's the lack of sleep or the fresh air but I'm not shy anymore.

-"I'll kill you in your sleep"-Rachel snarls and I chuckle.

-"sure thing Rach"-I make Midget go faster quickly followed by them, we run again and I get that same feeling of freedom that I got on my evaluation day...it feels good. Midget neighs with energy, that way I know we're one, he's feeling it too. After a while my eyes catch light making the clear water sparkle, a quiet, still river with a very soft current it's in front of us. This is the limit of Kielray...beyond this we enter Hosho, we enter unknown lands full of creatures...my heart is bumping loudly in my ears.

-"are you stopping here?"-Natasha's voice startles me almost giving me a heart attack. My gaze meets her icy blue eyes, reserved and cold, but something else hides beneath them...I feel unsure, taking a slow deep breath I look back at the river. Memories flashes across my mind, hit after hit, painful past, I never gave up, and now I know.

-"no "-I state firmly, Midget crosses the river with little trouble thanks to it's soft current. Not looking back I run into the woods having no idea of what will I find.

...

Looking down at the sea of green, some of it turned black, thanks to me...it never ends, does it? My breath has always brought death, with claws or without them, I'll always be a monster.

Hello there!! Thanks for reading, please comment and vote! I love to talk with the readers, feel free to PM me. Have a wonderful day ♡
With much love Bel :3