Chapter 25

The group seems to have talent I'm glad Faythe made me trust them into telling them I'm a dragon girl. Our plan isn't very complicated, ...learning. We don't know what's waiting for us in the Queen's castle, we must first learn their ways and then figure out a plan to save Hosho. I wonder if they are alright...

-"Mei be careful, you never learned how to swim!"-Zethyr warns me as I play near the river. Suddenly I trip and fall into the water, oh no! I'll drown! Help! Help!

-"Help me!!"-I shout when out of nowhere someone's holding me above the water.

-"Little girl, you must be careful with the river if you don't know how to swim"-a male voice says, I turn to look at the water spirit, he smiles at me with tiny pointy teeth.

-"Thank you sir"-I reply shyly.

-"Do you wish me to teach you how to swim? Then you could play around here safely, this river is gentle and the current won't take you again"-the water spirit says kindly, he looks weird but beautiful with his dark blue hair and skin covered in scales.

-"Yes! I'd love to learn!"-I reply cheerfully.

-"Ryuko?"-Faythe calls for me bringing me back to reality ending the flashback of my childhood.

-"Yes Fay?"-I look at her concerned expression.

-"Everything alright?"-

-"Yes! No need to worry"-

-"How do you feel?"-

-"About what?"-

-"Going back to the town..."-

-"It is a beautiful town! But I haven't visited for many years"-Ruth says as we ride together heading to our quest.

-"I haven't either, in a very long time"-Moonlight adds.

-"I'm sure it has changed"-Min comments closing her eyes for a second.

-"Changed?"-Faythe looks at her tilting her head.

-"Everything changes Fay, I'm sure I won't find the same town I visited so long ago"-I reply softly, if things change sometimes in a second I can't imagine how many changes can happen in a whole century.

-"Watch out!"-Natasha screams as I feel a strong pain on my shoulder. An arrow? We're under attack! I quickly pull out my sword holding the brides with one hand. We all react fast having our weapons ready for a counter attack, this is time to prove how well we work together more than how talented we are, having synchrony in our movements is more important than knowing how to move by ourselves. Our attackers jump on us, bandits for sure. Moonlight's eyes tell me her next move so I launch at someone behind her to protect her back, at the same time Faythe attacks someone who tried stabbing my side.

-"Careful!"-Min yells as Ruth almost cuts Natasha's head off...no synchrony here, I'm synchronized with Faythe though, and with Moonlight because I already know their ways of fighting. I avoid getting hit by Min and kill another bandit, thankfully they weren't many and soon we finish them.

-"I didn't expect bandits to be around here!"-Ruth sighs.

-"Ryuko! You're hurt!"-Faythe looks at me concerned and rushes to my aid, I blush and smile at her.

-"Hey...it's alright! I'll be fine"-I take out the arrow from my shoulder.

-"Maybe the soldiers that should guard this place are working with the Queen's army attacking the forest"-Moonlight says looking down at the dead bandits.

-"Probably, we have to be more careful now"-I reply ignoring the pain of the wound.

-"We need to take care of your wound or it will get worse!"-Faythe protests, I sigh and look at her.