Chapter 41

They look so much like me...they surround me...

-"You're doomed my darling, you'll die a slow painful death"-Aisling moves her hand and I feel like thousand needles bury in my flesh.

-"Aaah!!!"-I scream in pain.

-"I'll make sure of it..."-Aisling moves her hand again sending me flying once more across the room, I hit a wall and fall on the floor dizzy. I have to fight!

-"Faythe!! Hang on!!"-

I turn around surprised finding Ruth and Kenneth ready to fight by my side. I gasp and almost tear up from happiness and relief.

-"You're interrumpting this wonderful game I have with your friend Fay"-she says with that sickly sweet tone.

-"This is no game"-Kenneth snaps angered.

-"Really? But I find it so fun!"-she laughs and sends dark magic directly at Ruth, he blocks it quickly.

-"You won't touch the girl I love"-his eyes glow as he covers himself in golden energy. The girl he loves? My jaw drops open for a brief second then I quickly close it and prepare myself.

-"That's cute..."-she attacks them again, Kenneth seems to keep up but I notice he's getting tired, Ruth and I look at each other, we don't have magic...we're useless here.

-"This is getting boring, how can I make it more interesting? Oh...I know"-she moves both of her hands, dark currents of energy cover the walls and the floor, it expands like a wave. Kenneth growls and glares at her.

-"What did you do?!"-he asks enraged.

-"I just made this game even more fun!! You'll have to run...escape...or find me, and die"-she smiles and disappears. My eyes widen in shock.

-"Let's go, we must leave"-Kenneth holds Ruth's hand and looks at me.

-"I'm not escaping that crazy witch, take Ruth out of here"-before they can protest I run away into the halls. Suddenly the spirit is right in front of me his arms crossed across his chest.

-"I'm not letting you go alone, you're my friend"-

-"And mine too, I may have no magic but still I'm a warrior"-Ruth smiles at me. I hug them both tightly and nod.

-"Alright then, let's look for her"-

We begin walking through the halls, everything is dark, the lights are dim and make shadows reflect on the walls. I'm not scared...just nervous, I think of my beloved Ryuko. I hope she's doing okay...I know she is, I feel it. Silence, my steps make a sound for the first time ever, I have always walked in complete silence...not this time. Suddenly arrows are being shoot from the walls, Kenneth covered the three of us before I could notice. Without him I'd be dead since a long time ago.

I'm completely useless here...bad memories cloud my mind, my heart shrinks and pain covers my soul, I will never go back home.

-"Fay, Faythe stop it! You're calling dark spirits"-

Kenneth's voice sounds distant, I feel my body weaken, all the energy gone. I look up finding me looking back at me, but is not a reflection...it can't be, can it? My light grey eyes look much darker, and dull, like they are made of stone.

Weak little girl, you have disappointed everyone.

No!! Leave me alone...please...

Look at those memories, weak! Freak! Rejected!

My father and mother shaking their heads in disapproval.

-"Faythe"-

My heart stops for a second as I look into Ryuko's eyes, this is not her...but a memory. I remember when we met, when we started training, and finally when I trained her. I'm not weak, and I'm not you.