Chapter 32

I'm glad Moonlight invited me to dance with Ryuko, it was very fun...I love her, don't I? She's driving me crazy...but I can't love her, she's beautiful any soldier could easily make her his...but I want her only for me. Being afraid of love? I think I'm not afraid of love but about getting hurt...I look up from my sword and watch her train, the ball is tomorrow. If I want to ask her, I have to ask her now. My heart races and my palms sweat, I stand up leaving my sword aside.

-"Ryuko! I..."-my voice is cut off by Moonlight's.

-"Natasha is lost!"-she tells us, her hair is made a mess and she's clearly panicking.

-"What?!"-we both exclaim and walk to her.

-"What do you mean she's lost?"-Ryuko asks holding her up.

-"She's nowhere to be found...I have looked everywhere!"-she's at the verge of tears, she's sure in love with her.

-"Don't worry...we're going to look for her and find her"-I smile at her trying to look as sure about myself as I can. I really hope we can find her, I may not be in love with Natasha but she's still my friend. Who knew I would become friends with her...

-"I have a plan...but I don't know if it will work"-Ryuko says slowly.

-"What is it?"-we turn to look at her.

-"I think I can follow her smell by activating my dragon senses, but I don't know what will happen when I do this..."-she says slowly.

-"We will cover you, let's go somewhere else...you're too visible here"-I tell her and we walk to another part of the castle where no one goes for some reason. Moonlight stands by Ryuko's side, suddenly Min and Ruth appear from behind a tree.

-"What are you doing here?"-Min asks avoiding looking at me.

-"Natasha is lost, so Ryuko is going to look for her using her sense of smell"-I explain and Ruth gasps.

-"Lost?!"-she clearly cares about her as much as we do.

-"Yes...but I trust in Ryuko"-Moonlight looks at her with hope in her eyes, she closes her eyes and takes a deep breath, when her eyes open again her eyes are glowing. She runs off towards the castle.

-"Wait! Quick Moonlight, Ruth free her way from any soldiers that could see her"-I almost yell and run after her followed by the rest. We make sure no one sees her as we stay close to her, she abruptly turns to the library and goes in.

-"What are you looking at Ryuko?"-Moonlight tries asking as she stands just before a shelf.

-"Here...she went inside here"-her voice sounds mechanic.

-"In here? How?"-I ask confused.

-"Your stupid dragon doesn't work"-Min argues in a low tone, I swear I want to kill her right now...

-"a secret corridor..."-Moonlight whispers and with her hands she searches for something on the shelf, she pulls from two of the books and the shelf moves aside.

-"Whoa...how did you know that?"-Ruth says surprised.

-"I was just trying to think like Nat would"-she answers before going in, we all follow her and the shelf closes behind us. So dark...I have a bad feeling about what we'll find here.

...

-"Ryuko? Do you mind using your fire to light the way?"-Faythe asks shyly after a while, I had forgotten their eyesight is not as good as mine when I'm using my dragon senses.

-"Sorry"-I make fire come out of my left hand and hold it up so they can see. At the end of the corridor there's a door, I don't like this...it smells old, I can smell ink...and blood. Moonlight is the one to open the door, she turns paler than she already is and Ruth quickly holds her in case she faints. Indeed...there's blood on the floor, there was a fight inside here...and that is Natasha's blood.

-"Oh no..."-Faythe's voice is broken, I pull her close to me putting out the fire on my hand since the room is alrady lit up.

-"That's not...her...blood is it?"-Moonlight says with a thread of voice.

-"I'm sorry...but that's her blood, but her corpse isn't here..."-I reply almost in a whisper. Ruth hugs Moonlight as she breaks down crying. Those papers...I walk to a desk and grab them, I start to read and my eyes widen in surprise, I yelp and stumble.

-"Ryuko? What's wrong?"-Faythe holds me up.

-"These talk about Hosho"-I mumble shocked. She raises her eyebrows and takes the papers, she reads them and blinks surprised.

-"Hosho has a powerful spirit, but the secret about that spirit was held between the Emperor's family, so the last Empress was the only one that knew about this..."-she explains the others.

-"But she was killed! By a knight that later on founded Kielray"-Ruth reminds her.

-"No...she wasn't"-I whisper now remembering it all. They all turn to look at me.

-"What are you saying Ryuko?"-

-"She wasn't killed, she was turned into a dragon..."-I look directly into her eyes.

-"You..."-she mumbles.

-"I am the Empress of Hosho"-

Hello everyone! I know this came out short, sorry. But I hope you liked it anyways! Thank you so much for reading.

With much love Bel :3