Chapter 18

We land in the part of the forest that belongs to Kielray, I get down from her back and she turns into human. Flying felt amazing though I was really scared of falling...Hosho is being destroyed, but why?
-"Ryuko?"-
-"Yes Faythe?"-
-"Hosho...what's so special about that place?"-
-"It's filled mostly with spirits...water spirits, fire spirits, air spirits, Zethyr is the last forest spirit remaining...they all hold a great amount of energy, called magic by humans"-she explains leaning against a tree, clearly exhausted.
-"Ryuko...are you a human?"-this question escaped my lips before I could stop it, she smiles surprising me.
-"I once was..."-
-"You miss...being a complete human?"-I ask carefully, somehow afraid of her answer.
-"I wasn't a good human, now...thanks to you, I'm not so much of a monster like before"-she answers looking into my eyes, her crimson eyes warm and caring...human.
-"I think you're very strong...brave and amazing...not a monster at all"-her eyes widen with my answer, she tears up but keeps smiling. I pull her close and shut my eyes as I'm hugging her.
-"Mei..."-
-"Huh? What?"-I pull away to look at her, she's smiling warmly slightly blushed.
-"That's my real name...Mei, for now that's all I'm telling you about my past...I promise I'll explain everything later"-she says with a soft voice. I can't help but smile bright, Mei...a beautiful name for a beautiful girl, I feel special for her trusting me enough for telling me that.
-"It's alright...for now, I just care to be with you"-I sit down under the tree beside her, she sits down as well and closes her eyes.
-"I wonder...if the spirits will be alright...they're not bad you know? Only a bit territorial"-she says looking up at the sky.
-"I'm sure they will be! If they are strong as you are"-I place my head on her shoulder, I feel her head placed against mine and slowly let myself fall sleep.

...

I finish my training and wipe my forehead, sensing someone watching me I turn around finding Moonlight staring at me. This girl...
-"What do you want?"-I snap at her, it angers me having her staring at me.
-"Hosho...is being destroyed"-she looks paler than usual, she stumbles and I quickly catch her.
-"H-hey...are you feeling okay?"-I hold her up.
-"I'm fine...got overworked I guess"-she tries standing by herself.
-"You seriously are an idiot, didn't I warn you about training so hard?"-I'm worried about her...but why? Her long platinum her covers one of her dark blue eyes.
-"The forest...is being burned down by the Queen's soldiers, rumours say a man it's fighting them...a spirit actually"-she murmurs leaning against a wall to hold herself up.
-"A forest spirit you say? They were all killed..."-what's with her obession with Hosho?
-"So we believed...I wonder why the Queen wishes to destroy that forest"-she speaks absently like she's thinking deeply, it's the first time I see her like this...
-"Because it's a threat of course"-I reply crossing my arms, why else would she do that? I don't feel so sure about my answer as I would like to be.
-"I wanted to think so too, but I'm not quite sure...I mean, are spirits actually bad?"-she starts playing with her platinium strands of hair.
-"Why are you thinking so much about that? We were recluted for helping the Queen, those thoughts won't help you when you fight against the spirits in the war that's coming"-these words are meant for both of us...
-"Will we fight...without knowing if it's the right thing to do? Fighting just because we're told to?"-she raises her voice and looks up at me, I blink surprised by her sudden anger. I guess...she's right...
-"Moonlight...we're knight ladies, we're at the service of the Queen...we must fight"-
She glares at me and tries to walk away but drops to her knees, I gasp and run to her side.
-"Moonlight! Are you okay?"-
-"Get a-away..."-she mutters before passing out. This girl will drive me insane...I take her in my arms and carry her into my room, after placing her on my bed I go outside still thinking about what she said. Will fighting be the right choice?

Hello lovely people!! I hope you're great. Liking the story? Any opinions?? Thank you for all your votes and comments it means so much to me.

With much love Bel :3