🥀Five Feet Apart🥀

Five Feet Apart

Zhou Zishu's POV

Me and Wen Ke Xing has been dating for 3 years, but we didn't even hug or kissed even once. Me and Lao Wen  are diagnosed with Cystic Fibrosis, a hereditary disease that affects the lungs and digestive system.

The body produces thick and sticky mucus that can clog the lungs and obstruct the pancreas.

We can't get close to each other because being close to others with the disease puts us at greater risk of getting and spreading dangerous germs and bacteria.

Even we badly want to be near or hug each other, we need to control our selves because not only are these dangerous germs difficult to treat, but they can also lead to worsening our symptoms and faster decline in lung function.

Today is our 4th anniversary, we decided to go out of the hospital without asking permission to the nurse who is assigned to us.

"A-Xu, it's our 4th anniversary today" I looked at him and nodded "Yeah, 4 years of not being near each other, hug each other or even kiss each other" I heard him sigh "Sometimes, I can't control my self A-Xu.. I really want to hold you in my arms but I can't take the risk" he smiled bitterly.

"Me too Lao Wen, I really want to hold you and feel you in my arms. We can't risk our lives Lao Wen" he nodded and I smiled at him.

I grabbed his hand he was hesitant at first "Don't worry, I have gloves" he gladly took my hand and we walked side by side and holding each other's hand.

We are enjoying are night together, laughing and playing in the snow and talking about our memories before and after we met.

I walked to the ice, "A-Xu! Don't go there it's dangerous!" I only laughed at him "What? It's okay" I stepped on the ice "See? It's frozen solid no need to worry!".

He walked towards me but still worry is visible on his eyes "Happy Anniversary My Lao Wen" I smiled sweetly "Happy Anniversary too My A-Xu" he approached me.

He suddenly hugs me and I immediately pushed him away "What are you doing Wen Ke Xing?! Are you out of your mind?!" I am panicking as I hurriedly walked away.

Suddenly the ice cracked, it was very fast. I fall into the water and I could hear Lao Wen screaming my name.

I could still feel him grabbing my hand after he got me out of the water, I could feel my eyes getting heavy "L-lao Wen" I softly said and I passed out.

Wen Ke Xing's POV

"No, no A-Xu! Wake up!" I did the CPR even though it's really a big risk but I can't let my A-Xu die.

I keep on giving him CPR but he was not waking up, I coughed but I still continued. "A-Xu please wake up" I said weakly "I can't lose you, please wake up" I could feel my self getting weak.

I stopped and I layed beside him, I could feel my self getting weak 'Please save my A-Xu' I thought.

I heard him cough, I feel relieved and I started to close my eyes and I heard the siren of the ambulance.

Zhou Zishu's POV

I opened my eyes, I can't talk because of the tube on my mouth. I looked around and saw Ye Bai Yi approaching me "You're awake, you did really well Zishu" I didn't mind him and I keep on looking around.

I saw Bai Yi and Han Ying, my assigned nurse looking at each other, I looked at them confusion is visible on my face.

They handed me a book, it looks like Lao Wen's drawing book. "He told us to give this to you" Bai Yi said.

I feel scared, 'No, I didn't lose him! I can't lose him' I keep on repeating it on my mind. I could feel my tears rolling down on my cheeks .

I signaled them to open his drawing book, at the first page it was a portrait of me staring a the window. 'You really did draw me' my tears won't stop, they moved it to the next page it was a portrait of me and him looking at each other.

The other pages were portraits of me and Bai Yi, Han Ying and me it was all a portrait of a happy memories. I was crying mess 'How could he leave me?' I thought.

Bai Yi handed me a letter, "He also want us to give this to you" he patted my shoulder gently and he opened the letter for me as I read it.

To my beautiful A-Xu,

    "I'm sorry that I can't stay at your side forever, I'm sorry that I broke my promises. I made sure that your surgery went well, I know that you're sad and maybe you're angry at me. But can I ask for one last thing? Please continue living my A-Xu, continue your life even though I'm not beside you any more. Enjoy your life, go to the places that we dreamt of going together, fulfill your dreams and also our dreams. You might think that I'm being unfair that I left you too early, but always remember this A-Xu I didn't regret every minute, seconds, hours, days, weeks, months and years that I spent with you, you made my life complete A-Xu. You made me understand what love is and how important our life, but sadly I can't live with you anymore. My A-Xu, my darling always remember this and don't you dare forget that I love you so much, only you. You are my soulmate, we will meet again A-Xu. Good bye My Lovely A-Xu."

From your handsome soulmate,

Wen Ke Xing //Lao Wen//

I stared at the letter, still crying 'You are so unfair Lao Wen, why did you leave so early?  You are really unfair. I promise Lao Wen I will only love you and no one else, we will meet again My Lao Wen'.

Author;

Inspired by the movie with the same title "Five Feet Apart".

Good evening lovelies, if you like this and you want more updates a vote would be much appreciated💙.

If you have any request you can message me, have a great night💙