Chapter 2: Want Some Ice Cream?

~Marinette~
"Ugh! I hate wearing these ridiculous outfits." I say. "It's either this or have people recognize us automatically and word about us being out gets back to King Tom and Queen Sabine."

"Ugh! I can't see a thing out of these glasses." "Stop complaining and keep walking."

After a while I don't hear her footsteps anymore. "Alya? Alya! Where did you go?" I ask.

Suddenly I feel my body collide with someone else's and my hat and glasses fly off. "I'm so sorry!" "It's fine it was my fault. I'm sorry." I say as I quickly grab my hat and put it back on. "I believe these are yours too." He says as he hands me my glasses.

My bluebell eyes meet his emerald green ones and my heart beat starts to quicken. "T- thank you so m- much." Stuttering isn't royal like. I hear my mom's voice in the back of my head. I clear my throat and shake my head.

"Thank you so much." I repeat and He chuckles.
"Are you okay? I hope I didn't hurt anything?" "No. I'm fine. I'm sorry again." I say as I dust myself off.

"Is that the Princess?" I hear someone mumble and I quickly put the glasses back on. "Ugh enough with the royals!" He says towards the person. She rolls her eyes and walks away.

"Sorry. May I ask why you're wearing sunglasses? It's cloudy today." "You don't know who I am?" I ask. He shakes his head and I smile. Finally I don't have to act the way my mother and father expect me to.

"I was just goofing around with my friend. Um speaking of my friend, have you seen a girl with auburn hair and glasses?" "No I haven't sorry." "It's fine." "I actually lost my friend too. He has a red hat and glasses. Have you seen him?" "No I'm sorry."

"Want me to stick with you until you find her?" "Oh- n-no. I- I don't want to burden you." "It won't be a burden, I don't mind. Really." "Okay well, sure." "Want some ice cream?" He asks. "Ice cream? What's ice cream?"

"You've never had ice cream?" He asks shocked. I shake my head. "I'm not really allowed out of the cas- I mean my house, so um no?" "Well that's something we're going to have to change." He grabs my hand and drags me to a street vendor.

"This is André Glacier, he has the best ice cream in all of France. Andre this is- I'm sorry I never got you're name." Shoot. I can't tell him my name, he might catch on.

"Ladybug." I say and hold out my hand. "Ladybug?" "I'm undercover." I whisper to him and he chuckles.
"It's nice to meet you Ladybug, I'm Adrien." He shakes my hand.

"You look familiar." Andre says in his heavy accent as he looks at me. "She does?" Adrien asks as he starts to examine my face. "She reminds me of the Princess." "Um I get that a lot." "Andre, isn't it rude to compare a nice person to a snobby royal."

He obviously doesn't like royalty, so it would be best if I avoid telling him. I mean I'll never see him again.

"Isn't it rude to consider our rulers snobby if you've never given them a chance." Andre asks as he scoops up the ice cream. "I don't need to. I didn't mind the royals before, but a certain Prince ruined it. I can't stand them now." "

"Here you go." Andre says as he hands the ice creams to Adrien. I pull out my wallet while Adrien has his hands full and hand Andre money. "Don't you dare take that Andre." Andre looks at me and then back at Adrien.