Chapter 3: You're The Princess!

~Marinette~
"Ladybug? Did that boy call you ladybug?" Alya asks as we sneak back into my room and remove our disguises. "I had to give him a name and I couldn't give him my real one." "So you used Ladybug?" Tikki asks confused. "I had to think fast and the only thing I could think of was my stuffed animal." They giggle and shake their heads.

"How did the guards find out?" Alya asks. "One of the workers was talking really loud when they were filling the others in and the guards heard, but don't worry, the King and Queen don't know."

"Thank you so much Tikki." "I would say anytime but never again." She says and leaves the room. Alya and I giggle.

"Okay so now let's talk about that boy you were with." "There's nothing to talk about. We just got ice cream and talked." "No way is that all that happened. He was cute. You didn't at least try to make a move?" "I'm going to be engaged Alya! I can't be flirting with anyone." "A little flirting never hurt anyone."

"Easy for you to say little miss I'm so single." "I choose to be single. I haven't met the right guy yet. When I see him I'll know it." "You're lucky you're parents don't force you into relationships." "I'm sorry M. Maybe your parents will back out of the deal." I shake my head.

"I doubt it Al, and the worst part about it is that I got butterflies in my stomach when I was talking to that boy." I say and throw myself on my bed. "I knew it! You liked him." "Maybe I did, but nothing could ever happen. I'm betrothed to someone else and I'll never see him again.."

"Screw that. If you want to see him then go for it." "Town square is huge Al. It'll take forever to find him again." "Something tells me that wasn't your last encounter with him." "We'll see."

                        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Adrien~
"You ready yet dude?" Nino asks. "I can't stop thinking about that girl." I say as I lay in my bed. "Get her out of your head. It's been 3 days. We'll find you another girl at the ball."

"They won't be like her. She was different. It was so cute, she didn't even know how to eat ice cream. And she was so selfless. She gave a little kid her ice cream and gave her mom money." "That's sweet dude, but get ready! We're going to be late!"

"I don't even want to go anymore." "Well too bad. We made a deal. Now get up and change!" I groan and get off my bed.

~~

"You better actually talk to the Princess or I'm killing you." "Don't worry dude. I will." He says as we leave my house.

~Marinette~
"You ready girl? M!" "I don't want to be engaged." "Hurry up and put your gown on! We still need to do your hair. Your parents will kill you if you're late."

"Let them kill me! Then I won't have to get married." "That's not royal like Marinette." My mother says and I immediately sit up in my bed.

"Now get ready, the guests will be here any second. Royalty must always be punctual." "Yes mother. I'll be down right away." "I expect you to use the proper etiquette this evening." "Of course mother." I say with a slight nod. With that, she turns and leaves.

"Just kill me now!" I say and throw myself back into the bed. "Stop being dramatic and get ready." Alya says and drags me out of bed.

~~

After I finish getting ready, we walk downstairs and I greet the guests that are in the ballroom.

~Adrien~
"Are you sure they'll let us in?" "Of course they will dude! Remember we have the invites." Nino says as the line starts to move.

After a few minutes, we finally get to the front of the line. The guard gives us a questioning look before letting us in. "That was a close one. Now onto finding the love of my life. Look around!" Nino says as he walks away from me. "Wait! I don't even know how she looks!" I shout after him but he doesn't hear and continues walking away.

I sigh and look around. My eyes land on a familiar bluenette.

~Marinette~
"Al what do I do!" "Just get through this ball and we'll figure it out after." "Hey. Ladybug?" I hear a voice ask behind me. "

"Ladybug?" I ask confused and turn around. Alya looks at him and smiles. "I'm going to get something to drink." She says and walks away.

"A-Adrien? What are you doing here?" "My friend is in love with Princess Alya of the Southern Isles, so we snuck in so he can meet her. What are you doing here?"

"Um- I guess I can't hide it from you anymore. I have to say this quick because I'm pretty sure in a moment or two my mother will mention something to give it away. The reason I didn't tell you who I was is because I'm the-" Adrien gives me a confused look before I get interrupted.

"I can't find her anywhere dude!" A voice says as he stands behind me. "Is this the one in love with her?" I ask and Adrien nods. "Oh my gosh! You're the Princess! I'm a big fan!"

"Princess?!" Adrien asks and turns to face me. "Surprise?" I says with a slight awkward giggle. "You know each other? How?"

"We met the other day." Adrien says. "No way! You're the girl who he couldn't get out of his mind." I feel blush rise to my cheeks. "Nino!" "This ball is so lame M. They only have tea. Who drinks tea at a party?" Alya asks.

Nino gasps. "Y- you're you're you're-" "Is he okay?" Alya asks. "He's just a big fan." I tell her. "Wait! So you're the Princess?" "I wanted to tell you but I just couldn't." I say.

"Marinette! Prince Luka is here!" "Ugh! Wish me luck Al." "Good luck." "I'm really sorry for not telling you Adrien."

"Marinette! It's not-" "I know, I know. It's not Princess like to not greet the guests." "It's also not Princess like to interrupt your mother." My dad says. "Sorry mother. Sorry Father."

I turn back to Adrien. "I'll talk to you later." "Marinette!" "I'll be right there." I say and walk over to them.

As Luka and his family step into the castle, I curtsy to them. "Thank you for coming. It is an honor to have you here." I say. "It's an honor to be here." Luka says as he places a kiss on the back of my hand. "Please help yourself to any of the hors-d'oeuvres and refreshments." I say.

~Adrien~
"Why is she being so formal?" "You really don't know anything about royalty do you?" The other Princess asks and I shake my head. "She needs to be formal or people will think she's not fit to rule. We all need to maintain perfect etiquette in front of guests."

"No offense but you're not really maintaining it." "None taken and that's only because Marinette wasn't being proper around you. If she can trust you enough to do that then so can I and plus my parents aren't around. If they were, they'd probably kill me for talking to commoners. No offense." "None taken."

"Are you sure your friend is okay? He hasn't stopped looking at me since I've been standing here." "Yeah he's just in shock." I say and slap the back of Nino's head. "I'm in love with you!" He shouts.

A light shade of pink rises to her cheeks. "Thank you? I'm flattered." She says. "Can I please have something to stay in contact with you?" "Nino! You're going to scare her." She giggles and shakes her head. "No it's fine." She grabs a cocktail napkin and a pen from a passing by waiter.

"I'm only doing this because you're cute. I'm a very busy person, so if I don't reply right away don't panick." She says as she hands him the napkin. "I think I'm going to faint." Nino says. "Shoot! My parents are here! I have to go! Bye guys." She says and rushes into the crowd.

"She called me cute!" Nino says excitedly and I chuckle. "I can't believe I fell for a Princess. Oh my gosh and I told her how much I hate the royals! I'm such an idiot!" I say as I facepalm myself. "Told you, you hate them. And don't worry dude. Princess Marinette is known to be one of the most understanding and kind of the royals."