Chapter 20: She's Waiting For Me

~Marinette~
As I lay in the garden I hear someone call my name."Marinette?" I sit up and see a blonde walking towards me. "Adrien? I was starting to think you weren't going to show up."

"And miss an opportunity to see you in a gorgeous gown? No way." I giggle as he sits beside me. "How'd you find me?" "You only hid in your favorite place. You made it too easy." "Well the others couldn't find me so clearly it wasn't that easy."

"I guess that's right." He says as he turns his head towards me. "So what's wrong?" "Why would you think somethings wrong?" "You once told me that you come here when you need a break from everything. So what exactly are you taking a break from?"

"Luka, the party, the wedding, everything. I just want to take a break from it all, from being a Princess." "How about we start with this." He says as he takes the tiara off. "Now you're just a normal girl." He says and I smile.

"With you it feels that way." I say and give him a kiss. "Thank you Agreste." "Anytime now lets remove this." He says and takes off my mask.

"Now I can see your beautiful face." "Stop it!" I blush and he chuckles. "You want to go back in or stay out here?" "Can we stay here for a little longer? I kind of need to talk to you." "Of course."

~Sabine~
"I have the guards, Sabine." Tom says as he's about to walk into the garden. "Are you crazy!" I whisper yell as I gesture them to back up.

"Marinette's there with him. She can't know. Not yet. We'll hide up on that balcony." I add. "Guards, we'll wait until the boy is alone." Tom orders. They nod and walk towards the balcony.

~Marinette~
"So I only have 3 weeks to come up with a plan." "What if we run away together?" "What?" "We can run off and get married." "I can't make you do that Adrien."

"You're not making me do anything. It was my idea." "Agreste-" "I love you Marinette. You're the only person I can see myself spending the rest of my life with. All you need to do is just say yes." I smile and pull him into a kiss.

"Is that a yes?" "How can we run away together when I don't even have your number?" "If I remember correctly, I asked you for your number and you blew me off." I giggle. "It was funny!"

"Yeah, yeah, whatever you say. Do you have a napkin?" "Why would I have a napkin?" "Just asking." He pulls a leaf off one of the flowers and writes his number on it."

I smile and do the same. "Now that you have my number, can I get your answer?" "My answer is yes. I just need to pack some of my things." "I'll do the same. Meet me on the bridge where we had ice cream." He gives me a quick kiss before I run into the castle.

"Marinette! Thank god! We've been looking for you everywhere." "I'm sorry girls I don't have time to talk." I say as I rush off to my room.

"What's going on?" "I'm running away." I start pulling out a bunch of clothes and throw them on my bed. "Marinette-" "Wait! I should've phrased that better. Adrien and I are running away... Together. We're kind of getting married."

"That's crazy! Who's going to rule?" "My parents are more than capable of running the country." "Are you sure this is what you want to do?" "I don't want to be Queen, I don't want to marry Luka, and I love Adrien. I'm 100% sure that I want to do this."

"Okay then, one second!" Chloe says as she walks out of the room. "You're gonna need one of these." She comes back into my room holding a suitcase.
"Oh! And you can't go without these!" The girls say as they start grabbing stuff from around the room.

Soon the suitcase is filled with everything I need. "I have to go now." "Make sure you keep in touch with us." Alya says as I pull her and Chloe into a hug. "Of course." I say and turn to Juleka and Rose. "I'm so sorry for doing this to your brother."

"Don't worry about it. Luka needs to realize that he deserves someone who truly loves him. You aren't that person for him." She says and I smile. "I wish you the best!" "Thanks Rose." I say and pull them in a hug.

~~

I arrive in town square and I walk over to the bridge we had our ice cream at. The square is quiet and empty. I'm assuming it's because everyone is at the ball.

~Adrien~
"Throw him in the dungeon." The King orders the guards. "No! Marinette's waiting for me! Please!" I say as I try to free my wrists from their handcuffs.

"We are doing what's best for her." The Queen says. "No! You're doing what's best for you! Marinette doesn't deserve this." "No, but you do. I warned you to stay away from Marinette. This is what you get for not listening." Her father says.

"Don't tell anyone about this. The less people who know the better."  Sabine says before they walk away. "Please! Don't do this!" I shout as the guards drag me into a dark and cold room.

I feel my hand and legs get chained against a wall. "Please don't do this. Marinette's hurting enough I can't add on to it. She's waiting for me."

"I'm sorry. I have to follow Their Majesties' orders." The guard says as he finishes with the last chain. He walks out and I hear a loud click meaning the door locked.

_________________________________
A/N: you kinda guessed it👀👀  @toasted_stinkytoe