Chapter 24: We'll Find Him

~Luka~
"Find out? Isn't it too soon?" "She doesn't need to find out completely." Sabine says. "What do you mean?" I ask. "If he does tell Marinette, then she'll start to suspect something too. She won't know for sure, but she will have her suspicions. And once the time comes for her to find out there won't be any questions." Tom says.

"This could be perfect." "I just don't want Marinette to get hurt during this." "It's a risk we all must be willing to take." "She already hates me enough." "And she'll have the rest of her life with you to get over it. Trust us."

~Marinette~
"Marinette?" Luka says as he walks back into my room. "Good new or bad news?" "You can leave." "Yes!" I shout excitedly as I grab my bag. "Okay I'll be back then." "Wait. I thought we were going together?"

"You really think I'll forgive you that easily?" "But- you said-" "Oops. I guess I lied." I say with a shrug. "I guess Queen training didn't work." I add as I walk out of the room.

"Where are you off to now?" My mom asks. "Town square." "Luka must accompany you." "No." "Marinette, Luka is your-" "He's not my fiancé. I won't allow him to be called that anymore." "Well he's going with you." "Yeah so let's go." Luka says as he comes downstairs.

"I don't want to go with him." "Then I guess you're not going at all." "Ugh! Fine! Let's go Luka." I say as I walk out the door.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Okay, you stay on that side and I'll stay on this side." I say as we get out of the car. "I think I'd rather stay by your side." "Luka-" "Or I might just have to call your parents and say you're not cooperating."

"Fine. But when we get to the bakery you must wait outside. The owner is not very fond of you. And for good reason." I mumble the last part. "Sounds good. I'm not very fond of the owner either." I roll my eyes and start to walk away from him.

~~~

As I walk up to the door I notice it has the closed sign up. "They're closed Marinette." "The door's open." "It says closed for a reason." "Just shut up and wait here.

I open the door to the bakery and see Gabriel looking through the register. "The sign says closed." He says as soon as he looks up and sees me. "Please. I just need to speak to Adrien." "He's not here, so get out!" "I can wait for him."

"He's not coming back anytime soon." "Is this his way of rejecting to see me? Pretending he's gone when I know he's just upstairs." "He's not up there." "Please. I just need to talk to him. It'll only take a second."

"I told you! He's not here!" "Well if he's not here then where is he?" "Ask your parents." "What do they have to do with this?" "They took him!" "Okay now I know you're lying. Let me talk to him!"

"Still nothing sir?" Nino asks as he walks in and Gabriel shakes his head. "Marinette? What are you doing here?" "I'm looking for Adrien." "You are too?" "What do you mean me too? Where's Adrien?" "

"We don't know. We haven't seen him since the night of the ball." "So he never came back that night?" "No and I know your parents have something to do with it." Gabriel says."I know they aren't very fond of Adrien but I don't see why they'd take him." "You don't see why?" "No." I say as I shake my head.

"It seems like they'd do anything to get you to marry him." He says as he points out the window where Luka is standing. "I don't think they'd go that far." "I don't know Marinette. Research shows your parents to be ruthless." Nino says. "You think they're capable of this?" "I'm not saying they are, but I wouldn't rule them out."

"Nino, didn't you say she was the last one with him?" "Yeah why?" "It was you then! It had to be! You set him up!" Gabriel shouts at me. "No! I would never set Adrien up." "Gabriel she's not part of this. I told you she was waiting for him on the bridge."

"I don't care! Whether she was part of it or not, she's related to the ones that took my son! You've been here long enough. Get out! Now!" Gabriel shouts before he goes upstairs. "Don't take it personally Marinette. He's just worried."

"No I get it. I am too." "Don't worry. We'll find him." "Oh I know we will. I'll make sure of it. I'll let you know if I figure anything out." I say as I walk out of the bakery.

"Finally. That took forever. Woah- Why are you walking so fast." "I need to speak to my parents!" "About what?" "I need to know if they had something to do with taking the love of my life!"