Chapter 25: I Should've Thought Of It Sooner!

"What did you do to him?" I ask as I barge into the castle. "Who are you talking about?" "What did you do to Adrien?" "What makes you think we did something to him?"

"You'd do anything to get me to marry Luka. Including getting rid of Adrien." "Yes we want you to marry Luka, but we'd never go to that extent just to get our way." My dad says.

"So you had nothing to do with him being missing?" "I didn't even know he was missing." "You're avoiding the question. Did you or did you not have anything to do with Adrien's disappearance?"

"Like I said, I had no idea he was missing." "If you don't directly answer my question I will reveal to everyone that I am being forced into marriage." "Don't you dare!" "Then answer the question!"

"We had nothing to do with it." "Promise?" "We promise." They say. "Okay. Well I'm sorry for shouting. I'll be up in my room." They nod as I walk away.

~Tom~
"It all went according to plan." Sabine says. "I knew it would." "I'm going to check on our guest." Sabine says as she walks away.

~Marinette~
"I'm an idiot Tikki!" "No you're not." "Yes I am! I should've thought of it sooner! All I have to do to get out of this arrangement is to reveal to the country that I'm being forced." "Will that really work though?" "It has too. It's the only way."

"When are you going to tell everyone?" "I can't do it yet. It's too soon. My parents will come up with a good cover story. I have to do it when the wedding's closer so they'll be caught off guard. They won't have enough time to come up with anything!"

"Well what are you gonna do in the meantime?" "I'm going to try to find Adrien." "How are you going to do that?" "I don't know. Maybe a search party?" "That's a good start." "I just don't know where we'd start looking. I have no clue as to where he could be."

~Adrien~
"How's the dungeon treating you?" Sabine asks with a smirk. "What do you want now?" "I just came to check if you've been eating."

"I don't have much of a choice. Your guards basically shove the food down my throat." "Good. I also stopped by to let you know that Marinette knows you're missing and she doesn't care."

"I don't believe you." "You don't?" "Whether she hates me now or not she will never stop caring. She'll care if anyone goes missing. Even if it's a complete stranger." "I was simply letting you know. But believe what you wish." She says and walks away.

Does Marinette really not care that I'm missing? She can't possibly be like the other royals. Sabine has to be lying to torture me. There's no way that Mari doesn't care. She cares about everything and everyone.

~Marinette~
4 days until the wedding...

"I don't get it Tikki. We've looked everywhere. Where could he be?" "I don't know Marinette. I'm sorry." "Maybe I should try calling him again." I say as I pull out my phone. "I'll get you a glass of water in the meantime." She says and walks out.

"Hey this is Adrien. Leave a message." "Hey Agreste. It's me again. Everyone is really worried about you... I'm really worried. Please just call us to let us know you're okay. We really miss you."

~Sabine~
"This is her 10th call in the last 15 minutes Tom." I say as the phone starts to ring again. "What do I do?" I ask. "Get rid of it. We have no use for his phone." I nod and walk over to a guard.

"Get rid of this." "Yes Your Majesty." He says before he rushes out of the room.

~Marinette~
"Anything yet?" Tikki asks as she hands me the water. "Still nothing. I'm going to try calling him again." She nods and sits on my bed.

"Ugh I lost the connection." "Try standing out of your room." Tikki says. I nod and walk out. "Did that work?" "Yeah! It's ringing!" That's weird... "Do you hear that Tikki?" "Hear what?" She ask as she gets out of the bed. As she walks out she bumps into a guard and knocks something out of his hand.

"I'm so sorry!" "Don't worry about it." "Oh you dropped this." I say as I bend down to pick up the item. "No! Don't!"

I pick up the phone and before handing it back I notice the caller ID says my name. "What the hell." "What happened Marinette?" "This is Adrien's phone. Why do you have it?" I ask. "I- um-" "Where did you get it?" "I-" "What's going on out here?" My dad asks as him and my mom step out of the room.

"This guard had Adrien's phone." "Are you sure it's his? There a lot of other phones like this one." "Yeah, but I was just calling him and my name was on the screen." "Oh Marinette you're the Princess. People are bound to name their children after you." "But only his phone has a lock screen of him and I in the garden."

"Aw that's so cute! He has you as his lock screen!" Tikki says. "I was thinking the same thing!" I say with a smile. "But now isn't the time." I add and turn my attention back to the guard.

"Do you know where he is?" "Marinette stop interrogating the help. Go back to work." My mom snaps and the guard walks away. "He has to know something! He had his phone!"

"Don't be absurd! Leave our servants to do their jobs." "Why don't you guys care?" "Marinette-" "Do you know something?" "Why would you ask such a thing?" "You do! You were the ones who took him! Weren't you?"

"We had to! It was the only way to get Adrien out of the picture!" My mom says. "You lied to me! You promised you had nothing to do with this!" "Don't be dramatic Marinette. It's not the first time we've lied to you."

"What else did you lie about?" "It's none of your concern." "Father what else did you lie about?" "The dungeon is real." "Is that where he is?" I ask and look back at my mom. She does a soft nod.

"I can't believe you! You guys were the reason I cried myself to sleep every night! You were the reason Mr. Agreste and Nino were up all day and night searching for him!" I say as tears start to slide down my cheeks.

"You were the reason Gabriel thought he was never going to see his son again. Oh god! Gabriel was right. I defended you guys! I didn't think you were capable of doing something like this. I have to tell them!" I say as I grab my jacket from my room.

"You're not telling them anything!" "Try and stop me!" I say as I rush out the door.