Chapter 11: Spend The Day With Prince Luka

"I can not believe you right now." My mom says as the seamstress takes my measurements. "What did you expect mother? You locked me in my room for a week. I had to see him."

"You did not! You are betrothed Marinette! You can't be sneaking around with some boy." Shes right. No matter what I'm feeling towards Adrien, nothing else can happen between us. Whether I want to or not, I'm going to be married to Luka.

"Marinette? Are you listening?" "Yes mother." "Because of your sneaking around, your punishment will be to spend the day with Prince Luka." "Mother-" "You are to go to town square to show everyone how happy you two are and if you even look at that commoner, or if you do not behave properly then I will not only have you punished, but him as well. Do I make myself clear?"

"Yes mother." "Good. Now when she's finished with your measurements get ready for your day with your fiancé. I expect you to dress accordingly." She says and walks out.

~~

After the seamstress leaves I look in my closet for a dress. I grab a simple red dress with slightly puffed sleeves.

"Marinette the Prince is here." Tikki says. "I'll be right down." She nods and walks off.

I walk downstairs and see Luka waiting for me. "The dress is fine, but your hair is not." "Mother-" "Pin it up." "Yes father." "Not by yourself!" My mother snaps and a worker rushes in. "Pin up her hair!" The worker nods and pins it up.

"Thank you." I say as the worker walks away. "What did we say about that? No communicating with the help unless you need something." "I'm sorry." "Now go and remember to be on your best royal behavior." No promises. "Of course mother." "Even if you are not feeling it, you better show them how in love you are." She says as we walk out.

Luka takes my hand in his and I quickly pull away. "I'm being forced to do this Luka, so don't think I'll allow anything." "Marinette, we have orders from the King and Queen to show that we are in love. Holding hands is simply something couples do." I sigh and let him take my hand.

                        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I'll never forgive you for agreeing to this Luka." "You'll get over it eventually. We are going to have the rest of our lives together after all." Over my dead body. "Let's just get this over with." I whisper as we get out of the car.

"Where shall we go first?" He asks. "I request I go back to my castle and you go back to Weselton." I mumble. "That's not best royal behavior." I roll my eyes. "My apologies Luka. Would you like me to talk like this the whole time?" I ask sarcastically. "Precisely." Now I know what Adrien meant. He is a jerk.

"I suggest we get a pastry?" To Adrien's bakery? Where his father kicked me out? No way. "I'm not in the mood for pastries right now. I suggest we get some fruit." "I like the pastry idea better. Let's go to the bakery over there." He says and grabs my hand. No no no!!!

He drags me inside and I quickly remove my hand from his when Adrien walks out. "Ugh! Not this guy again." Luka says. "Luka! That's no way to treat people." He rolls his eyes. "I would like a croissant and my Princess would like a cookie." "I'm fine actually. I don't want a cookie." I mumble under my breath.

"Come on Marinette get something." "She said she doesn't want anything. So, you have to leave." "Is this about the little incident? That was so a few years ago. You should've gotten over it by now." "Obviously I haven't. So leave." Adrien says.

"Excuse me? Do you know who I am? I'm not only the Prince of Weselton, but I am the fiancé of the soon to be Queen. Learn your place peasant." "Luka!" "From what I know, she doesn't even want to marry you." "Of course she does! We're in love." "One sided love." I say.

"Marinette, your parents won't like to hear about this." I roll my eyes. "We're so in love." I say sarcastically before I exit the bakery. "Marinette! What was that?" "Luka, I can't do this. I can't marry you." "You don't have much of a choice. Now get back inside the bakery! We still haven't gotten our order."

"You can't control me." "Your parents would be really upset if they found out you defended that commoner." "They won't find out." "They won't if you get back inside." "Luka-" "I really will tell them Marinette."

"When did you become such a jerk?" I ask as I walk back inside. "When you decided you wanted to end this arrangement. Now remember to be happy." He whispers in my ear as he walks back to where Adrien is.

"Marinette my father is going to be down here any second and he won't like that you're here. Especially with him." "Luka can we please go? I don't want anything from here." "Well I do. I need my croissant."

Adrien points to a sign before reading it. "We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone. I refuse you service. So leave." "Luka come on. Let's just go." "The King and Queen won't like the sound of this!" "Luka-"

"You have some nerve showing your face here after what you did to us." Gabriel says as he walks out. "Father-" "And I thought I made it clear last time Your Highness. Do I have to spell it out for you? You're not welcome here."

"I understand. I am deeply sorry. We will be on our way now." I grab Luka's arm and tug towards the door but he doesn't budge.

"No! We already ordered and I demand we get our pastries." "Luka it's no big deal. Let's go." "It is a big deal. They're treating us like if we're just an ordinary person." "We are ordinary people. Whether we like it or not we are the same as everyone else." "No we aren't! You're going to be the Queen-"

"Exactly! I am going to be the Queen! I am going to be ruling this country! So part of my duty will be to respect my people and right now you are not honoring my wishes. Now they said they want us to go, so I want- No, I demand that the both of us leave this instant!"

Luka looks at me shocked for a second before walking out the door. "Once again, I am truly deeply sorry for any trouble we have caused." I say before walking out.