eleven ⸝⸝ caramel

- September 13th, Thursday

As she dreamt of caramel kisses and cotton candy hugs, he dreamt of bleak  memories and bittersweet supercuts

She felt a sense of relief in her dreams, while he felt nothing but the cloudiness of his thoughts. Memories that he pushes down, resurfacing, like an ugly headache. 

Does nobody realizes how pained he is? How desperate he is for warmth? The thin blanket on his body is no good. 

He opens his hazel eyes and looks up at the white ceiling. Not being able to recall the memories of last night, he sits up in a rush and looks around in bewilderment. He felt a sense of relief rush over him. Despite the depressing events of the world, he felt happy to be away from himself. And though he doesn't have much friends, at least the world will take his mind away for a while.

A tormenting headache seeps into his mind as he lays eyes upon a feminine figure laying on the couch across from the coffee table in front of him. 

(E/c) eyes closed, long and thick lashes fluttering ever so lightly, pink lips drawn up in a slight smile. He felt a bit envious of her; while she dreamt of happiness, all he dreamt of was despair. He could barely breathe as he got up from the couch and ran towards the bathroom, one hand on his stomach and the other supporting him as he walked along the wall.

He opened (y/n)'s door and walked towards the bathroom, ignoring Eren's sleeping form on (y/n)'s sheets. He throws up his guts in the toilet, gagging and coughing uncontrollably until there was nothing more to throw up. Flushing it down, he hoists himself up with the counter and washes his face with cold water.

The mirror reflects his face, clear and pristine. Maybe no one else can see it, but he can see each flaw. The way his pores look, the lines that appear around his mouth when he smiles, the way the bridge of his nose looks. He clenches his eyes shut and turns away, not wanting to look at his face any longer. 

"No wonder Mikasa doesn't like me," he mumbles under his breath before flashing a bittersweet smile and walking out of the bathroom. His eyes scan (y/n)'s room, (f/c) seemed to be a reoccurring theme. Simple and organized, like she'd tried to make his room. Of course, he couldn't even manage a room. 

Eren slept on her bed, he wondered why. 

Wasn't he supposed to sleep with Mikasa? Why had he troubled (y/n) into sleeping on the couch? 

He rolled his eyes at Eren's sleeping form. He slept like an animal, and Jean knew (y/n) wouldn't be happy with the mess he's made of the sheets and the nightstands. A small smirk lit up his face at the thought of seeing (y/n) get riled up, and he walked out to the living room, his eyes scanning the couch where she was laying just a few minutes ago.

(y/n) pads out of the kitchen, clad in an oversized sweater and her legs bare as she held a mug in her hand, rubbing her eye with the other hand. The carpet beneath her feet is cold to the touch and she doesn't spot Jean standing by her room door as she sets her coffee/tea down and starts to fold the two blankets on the couch, assuming Jean's already gone home.