eighteen ⸝⸝ hoodie

- October 4th, Friday.

Jean wearing an oversized hoodie wasn't out of the ordinary in the end of September, especially to (y/n)

Jean wearing an oversized hoodie wasn't out of the ordinary in the end of September, especially to (y/n). But it was definitely out of the ordinary for Jean's friends, since he usually liked revealing his skin and well-toned muscles that he was greatly proud of.

Sasha and Connie decided not to bug the boy, though, and decided to leave him alone because of his seemingly-grumpy mood.

Jean sat behind (y/n) in class with an annoyed frown. Getting to class on time was getting tiring for him, and he wanted to go back to being two hours late, but he wanted to see Mikasa more.

(y/n) wondered why Jean wasn't kicking her chair at all today, but she felt more relieved than concerned because she could finally concentrate properly now. She wrote down her notes neatly; precisely, just like how she liked it.

In the cafeteria, Jean was nowhere to be found, once again, so (y/n) had to eat alone. She wondered where he'd gone, but instead of going to look for him, she decided to stay put and keep to herself like she always does.

She went to the library, where she studied quietly and went over some notes she had taken but had difficulty understanding.

But she just couldn't focus properly.

Jean was beginning to make her act differently, she felt as if it was a good different but at the same time she felt scared of what would happen if she changed.

What would Mikasa think?

What would he think if he knew?

Why does she even care about Mikasa anymore? Mikasa obviously doesn't want anything to do with the girl.

As (y/n) walked to her dorm, she came to the conclusion that she only liked Mikasa because she was the only thing she ever knew for the past few years.

Even though she cared deeply for the dark haired girl, who now no longer seemed to like (y/n), she decided to stay away from her.

And for the first time in forever, thanks to Bertolt, (y/n) had made friends with other people and was starting to feel something towards one of them.

She was still in denial as she fell onto her bed and clicked open the photo of the painting on Jean's wall. Suddenly, she had the sudden urge to know whether or not Jean had finished the painting or not.

She wanted to know if he painted something else over it instead. The thought made her heart sink into an abyss of mangled emotions.

Opening her and Jean's text messages, her fingers hovered over the keyboard, thinking about what to do.

Her heart thumped uncontrollably as she typed out a hey and then erased it. She wanted to talk to him, but she didn't know how to initiate a conversation or get his attention.