six ⸝⸝ jealous

- September 10th, Monday.

(y/n) hangs her bag on her chair and sits down, putting her head on the table and bringing her hoodie up and over her head

(y/n) hangs her bag on her chair and sits down, putting her head on the table and bringing her hoodie up and over her head. She hadn't slept last night because of the loads of homework she had to do.

Shadis walks into the classroom and bangs his hand on his desk a couple times like he usually does to get everyone's attention. "Listen up, maggots," Shadis uses his usual nickname for his class. "I'm going on vacation for a few days so that means you all are going to have a supply teacher," he rolls his deep set eyes as everyone groans.

"But to ensure you all don't irritate and trick," Shadis glares at Connie and Jean. "The supply teacher again, I will assign your work right now and the teacher will only supervise." 

The old teacher clasps his hands together. "Now then," he looks down at his desk where a few sheets of paper lay neatly. "Jean, Mikasa, Eren and (y/n)," he says. "You four are a group. Bertolt, Reiner, Marco and Connie," he goes on to list more groups. 

Jean pushes (y/n)'s chair forward, making the edge of her desk jab into her guts. She heaves and whips her head around to look at the mischievous boy. He looked straight at (y/n) with a smirk, biting down on his lower lip.

(y/n) rolls her eyes and turns back around, deciding to ignore the irritating student. She didn't care about Jean after how he treated her last time. She tried being nice but he was an ass in return.

With a huff, Shadis began explaining that they had to research on a Greek myth for literature. "Pick a story to research and present it, I don't care if it's a slideshow or an essay. Just research it and make it detailed. Anyways, I'll give you filthy brats the rest of class to pick a myth. Be sure to tell me which you're doing before the bell rings. Project is due in two weeks." 

Shadis taps his fingers on the wooden surface of his desk before turning around and taking his seat. (y/n) lets out a sigh and pushes her chair back so the polished wood of her desk would stop jabbing into her hungry stomach.

When she turned around she found that Jean had pushed his desk against Mikasa's and Eren waved (y/n) over as soon as they caught each others eyes.

(y/n) didn't really like how Jean was acting towards Mikasa, the googly-eyes, the soft smile and the way the apples of his cheeks reddened in the slightest when the two made eye contact.

She felt jealous.

Jealous of Jean.

She walks towards her partners and sits down grumpily after pulling a random chair beside Eren at the conjoined desk.

"(y/n)!" Mikasa says happily. Though her voice is soft and quiet, she beams like she's extremely excited to see (y/n).

Jean grumbles a profanity under his breath as Eren impatiently taps his pencil against the desk in a made-up rhythm.