fifteen ⸝⸝ kitten

- September 23rd, Monday.

Jean's weekend passed in a blur, a smear of white lines and pretty leaves

Jean's weekend passed in a blur, a smear of white lines and pretty leaves. He didn't talk to (y/n) at all. No texts. No calls. He decided to stay home and wait till his lisp died out. Plus, the unintentionally matching tattoo they now had made him all flustered.

He'd painted a horrific masterpiece for himself, while the gorgeous artwork on his wall sat staring at him, waiting to be finished. 

On Sunday night, he stayed up to finish it, and finished when his alarm clock began to ring. 

9 am. 

Ignoring the headache he had, he went to his bathroom. He repeated a few words out loud to test his tongue as he stared at himself in the mirror. When it was evident that his lisp was gone, he smiled triumphantly.

"Now she'll like me," he mumbles to himself, running his fingers through his hair. Then, he notices the atrocious bags under his bloodshot eyes, the redness of his cheeks and how his hair needs a trim. He sighs. "Who am I kidding?" He grumbles.

He wanted to look his best to impress her.

To impress Mikasa.

After brushing his teeth and splashing his face with water, he changes into his uniform and leaves the dorm building in a hurry. Of course, he was going to be late again. When he walked into class, Mr. Shadis gave him a glare but didn't press him for a reason as to why he was horrifically late. Everyone could notice the state Jean was in today, but no one dared to ask him.

"Damn, did you even sleep?" No one dared to ask besides the girl that sat in front of him. He wondered why she wasn't intimidated by him.

He gives her a smile, rubbing his tired eyes. "I did sleep, what's it to ya?" He couldn't tell her he had painted a whole ass portrait of her on his dormroom wall, and he couldn't tell her he was doing illegal things. She would definitely ignore him or tell the whole school and ridicule him. He didn't want either.

"Right," (y/n) replies, almost catching on to his lie. "Well, I finished the assignment," she holds up her open notebook to show Jean. "We just need to hand our work to Eren and Mikasa."

Jean nods in response and retrieves his own notebook, flipping to the page where he took notes of the Greek myth. The two hand it to Mikasa, since Eren wasn't present for whatever reason. Jean noticed how (y/n) was a lot more talkative ever since Friday, she was also a bit more rude than usual, but talkative nonetheless.

In fact, she was so talkative that they'd absentmindedly walked to the cafeteria together, engulfed in a conversation about the plot of an anime that Jean had watched not too long ago. According to (y/n), he was a closeted otaku, and she kept telling him there was nothing wrong with it. Jean wondered if she was calling him gay in a sense.

"(y/n)! Come!" Armin waves (y/n) over from his table, where only Mikasa and him sat. Jean frowns when (y/n) stops talking and skips towards Armin's table, leaving Jean alone in the middle of the busy cafeteria. He sulkily finds Sasha and Connie's table, where he stabs at his food quietly, only opening his mouth to agree with Sasha, when the two friends bickered jokingly.