twenty six ⸝⸝ arcade

- October 18th, Friday.

"We should go out to make them jealous

"We should go out to make them jealous."

(y/n) scoffed in response. "That's the worst idea I've ever heard." She replies, causing Eren's face to drop. He looks down, losing hope. (y/n) feels a bit of guilt in her chest. "We could just go on one date though... I guess."

Though the idea was a bad one, it was better than sulking about Jean. Maybe she did need a change in her life. Maybe this would make her feel a bit better?

But Eren of all people?

When she snapped back to reality, Eren wasn't in front of her but standing in the doorway of Jean's hospital room. "Yeah, me and (y/n) are leaving. We're gonna go to the arcade and get dinner..." He went on to ask Jean how he was, and then exited the room.

He gave (y/n) a thumbs up and a wide smile, showing his bright white teeth. "Phase one complete!" (y/n) sighed, she didn't have the mental power to do this.

"Do we actually have to go to the arcade?" Wouldn't it be awkward and boring?

"Of course not, what the hell?" he looked a bit offended. "But we gotta hold hands at school on Monday," he smirks down at (y/n), and she grimaces.

"Maybe we shouldn't do this."

"Bro! If it goes wrong we could just say we're friends." He playfully punches (y/n) in the shoulder. "And you know damn well how riled up horseface will be once he realizes you're not there anymore. I think it'll be a good shove to make him realize his feelings. You know?"

"His feelings?" I echo Eren's words. "What?"

"What? It's obvious he likes you, man, he's just stuck on Mikasa..." Eren clicks his tongue, grabbing (y/n) by the arm and leading her out of the hospital as he continues to talk. "I don't blame him, to be honest, Mikasa's gorgeous..."

And then he talked about Mikasa till we reached the dorms. It was painful to (y/n) and she hated every second of it. But she couldn't do anything.

They both split up to go to go their separate ways, and (y/n) prepared a big bowl of instant ramen right as she got home. The place felt really quiet without Mikasa, but she was glad to be back. The hospital was rather depressing.

As soon as she finished all her homework and laid down, her phone dinged as if on queue. Of course, it was Jean.

Jean<3
wyaaa
you w eren rn?

Me
no, i'm at home now

Jean<3
oh ok
he didn't try anything weird right?

Me
uh yeah? wdym?

Jean<3
he's a freak bruh yk that
just looking out 4 u
+ you dont even get along w him that well
idk why yall went to an arcade 2gether

Me
idk he just asked me and i said yes
bc i didnt rlly have anything else to do

Jean<3
you came to visit me but left w eren :/

Me
you already had a visitor

Jean<3
yeah she came to give me a present :)
shes so nice fr

Me
that nice.
im gonna go to sleep early tn.
night

Jean<3
oh... okay
night

(y/n)'s heart hurt. It was the most painful feeling ever. It was worse than ever before. Sure, she had seen them together before, but it never hurt her to this extent. She wanted to cry. How could she be so into a boy she hated just about a month ago?

(y/n) forced herself to sleep before she could overthink more. And though her thoughts were racing, she did her best to dismiss them and move on from it. To not think too much about it.