thirty-one

1000 YEARS AGO

1000 YEARS AGO

"Eleanor! Stop!" Ophelia King squeals as she dodges her sisters muddy hands. Eleanor let's out a loud laugh, chasing her elder sister around the cottage.

Their mother, Winifred, stood their impatiently as she watched. She crossed her arms over her chest, waiting for them to notice. Neither girl did, however, as their mother was far too focused on their games. "Girls," Both young ladies come to a stop, turning to look at their mother with wide eyes. "Esther and her children will be here soon, please, clean yourselves up."

Eleanor glances at her sister, giggling silently. Eleanor was no older than 17, while her sister was a few years older. Ophelia had been romancing with Kol Mikaelson until a fortnight ago, when it was announced that Klaus and Ophelia were to be wedded. Eleanor, on the other hand, had been far too focused on a lady by the name of Tatia, Ophelias friend.

When time came, Eleanor had managed to sneak away to find the young lady. "Elle," Tatia exclaimed, kissing the young girls lips. The held each other's hands as they walked through the forest. "I've been thinking, what if we leave?" Eleanor turns her head, Tatia's voice like heaven in her ears.

"What?"

Tatia nods, "We run away together, with my child. We can be together, Eleanor. You and me."

Eleanor shakes her head, "What about you and Elijah?" She asks, knowing the history the two shared. Tatia purses her lips, shaking her head.

"I don't care about him, or anybody else." Tatia tightens her grip on Eleanor's hands. "I want to be with you, my sweet Eleanor."

The youngest King smiles softly, giggling as she kisses Tatia again. The two begin to walk further into the forest, heading to their usual spot. Tatia stops, causing Eleanor to stop as well. There, laid a bloody dismembered body of a man. Following, was a nearly naked bloody Klaus Mikaelson. Standing with him, was Elijah. Tatia grips Eleanor's wrist tighter, sensing the immediate danger the two were now in.

"Eleanor, run," Tatia whispers, whisking away her true love as Elijah looks up. The two girls run away, Elijah coming after them.

Eleanor ran as fast as she could, Tatia close behind. "Tatia, Tatia, wait!" Elijah shouts. Eleanor gasps as Tatia falls.

Tatia looks over at the eldest Mikaelson. "Stay away from us!" Shouts Tatia. The Petrova stans, putting Eleanor behind her.

"I won't hurt you," Says Elijah.

"What have you become!?" Tatia snaps, glaring at him.

Elijah shakes his hands. "I'm what I've always been. I'm the one who loves you."

Tatia shakes her head. "I love Eleanor!" She screams, stepping back. She looks down in thought, realization crossing her features.

Eleanor frowns, "Tatia, what is it?" She asks soothingly.

"Their mother asked for my blood." Tatia whispers, looking up at Elijah. "She said nothing of the magic that would turn you into a monster!"

Elijah shakes his head. "Look at me. I am not a monst-" He looks down at her hand, causing Eleanor to do so as well. Tatia's fall had caused her hand to become bloody and scabbed. Elijahs eyes turn red and veins pop under his eyes. "Tatia," Elijah breathes as he steps closer.

"No!" Tatia shouts, slapping the Mikaelson.

"I said I will not hurt you." Elijah reminds them. "I don't want to."

He stands again, his eyes changing again. "Elijah," Tatia says, her eyes glossy.

"Run,"

Eleanor grabs Tatia's hand, dragging her away this time. It was no use. Elijah grabbed onto Tatia, shoving Eleanor away. "Tatia!" Eleanor cried as she watched the eldest Mikaelson bite into her loves neck.

Tatia gasped in pain, grabbing onto Elijahs clothes. "Eleanor, run!" Tatia gasped wildly as she felt her life slipping away. Eleanor stumbled away, carrying her skirt as she ran deep into the woods. Elijah killed Tatia that moment, and later brought Tatia to his mother.

Night fell, and Eleanor cried silently as she hid behind a tree trunk. "Eleanor, I am sorry." Elijahs voice says. "I will not hurt you." Eleanor shook her head, covering her mouth. "I don't want to hurt you."

She couldn't go home, not after seeing what Elijah was. But he would find her if she didn't run now. So, she did. She picked herself up and begin to run through the woods. Reaching a small shack, she climbed inside and shut the door. She heard Elijahs calls, and she closed her eyes tightly as she prayed he'd leave.

Elijah smelled her. Smelled her blood. Her blood from her legs when she was cut by sticks and stones in the ground. He approached the small shack, knowing what he must do.

When he opened the shack door, Eleanor let out a petrified scream as Elijah grabbed onto her, latching his teeth to her throat. She gasped for air as she felt her blood leaving her neck. She clutched onto Elijah, hoping he'd stop.

He never stopped.

It was nearly dawn when he carried Eleanor to the King cottage, where Ophelia stood with Klaus. "Eleanor!" Ophelia gasped, running to see her sister. Her eyes widened in horror, realizing what had happened. "No! Eleanor, no!" Klaus grabbed onto Ophelia, pulling her into his arms with comfort. Elijah guiltily stood, placing the brunette on the ground. Ophelia kneeled down, pulling her sisters head into her lap. "She can't be, no," Ophelia whimpered, crying as she turned away. "No!" She screamed as she punched the side of her house. Klaus rushes to his fiancé as she repeatedly punched the home, her hand bloodying itself. He pulled her away, and she sobbed as she fell to her knees, caressing her beautiful little sisters face with her bloody hand. "I'm so sorry, Eleanor." Ophelia whispers.

Little did she realize, as Eleanor's heart took its last few beats, Ophelias blood dripped between the girls lips, and it was only then, did Eleanor King change into something, something powerful, and something new.

Something not human.