thirty-seven

to whom it may concern

I sit in my mom's classroom as she sorts throw a pile of letters Dr

I sit in my mom's classroom as she sorts throw a pile of letters Dr. Saltzman gave her. Eleanor, who was still here, pouted as she tossed another letter down. "If I knew joining your school would be this much of a bore, I would have never came back after a millennia of running." Eleanor groaned.

Mom huffed, "Sorry, sister, but now that many of our teachers are gone, we are on a tight budget." She said, "I already told Alaric you and I would work without the paychecks, but that will only help so much." I crossed my arms as I looked around my moms classroom. If you had told me before that my mom would permanently reside in the Salvatore School I wouldn't have believed you. I also wouldn't have believed you if you told me she'd be a teacher, and her sister would join the staff as well. After further consideration and glancing at Eleanor's records, she had been staffed as a Chemistry of Magic teacher.

Eleanor huffed under her breath, leaning over the desk again. "I hate school." She muttered. Mom glanced at me, leaning on her desk.

"Anna, have you talked to Josie as of recent? I heard today's going to be her first day at the muggle school." She hummed, smiling at me.

I rose a brow, "Why would I talk to the girl who cheated on me four times?" I asked bluntly, annoyed. Eleanor snorted, and mom threw a pencil at her.

Mom shrugged, "Well, I just wanted to know because you two were so awfully close, and I thought maybe you two would have became friends by now, at least." I sighed, standing up from the table.

"Things change, Mom. People change." I retort, walking out of her classroom.

Lizzie stuttered nervously as she looked at the students, Hope doing horrible at helping. The doors at the top of the stairs swing open, and I, of course, walk in. "The fun is here!" I call out, waving my arms out.

"Oh thank god." Lizzie groans out. "Everyone, this is-"

"Anastasia Mikaelson-King, daughter of the infamous Nicklaus Mikaelson and the overwhelming Ophelia King." I retort, walking down the steps. "First fully activated tribrid, try not to freak out." I wink at the classmates as I walk by them. With a swing of my hands, music begins to play as lights begin to change colors,  "Welcome to the Salvatore school. Are you ready for the tour?"

After some time, Lizzie and I walked through the school, the students trailing behind us. "The house was rebuilt sometime after the Civil War." I explain.

"The actual Civil War, not like the stuff." Lizzie continued to talk as I turned to Hope. I watched as she stared down a hallway. I pursed my lips, knowing she was lost in thought about Landon. I understood her pain, how hard it must be to lose someone you love without really being able to say goodbye.