thirty-six

this is what it takes

Mom stared blankly at the lady standing in her classroom

Mom stared blankly at the lady standing in her classroom. Dr. Saltzman and I glanced at one another in confusion. Eleanor King stood in front of my mom, smiling wide as if she hadn't just wandered into our school after seemingly 1000 years of being supposedly dead. "How is this possible?" My mom questioned, shaking her head in confusion.

Eleanor smiled softly, "That night when Elijah had, well," She glanced at me slyly, "Ate me, when you injured your hand, you managed to slip a drop of your blood into my mouth. It turned me." My moms eyes widen in shock, "I woke up buried alive in the woods, but had managed to dig myself out. Niklaus, who had saw me heal, told me to run away and never look back, in fear his mother would come after me."

"Of course he did." Mom muttered, leaning against her desk. "Curse him for being dead after all these years. I can't even yell at him about his selfish ways, now."

"I heard about the Klaus Mikaelson dying. It was rather tragic, really." Eleanor looks over at me, walking closer. "I also heard about the tribrid, the daughter of Klaus Mikaelson."

I raise a brow. "Daughter's, you mean. My sister and I." I glance around the room, noticing the confused looks upon my moms and Alaric's faces. "What?"

Mom steps forward. "Anna, you don't have a sister." She tells me. I raise a confused brow, but before I can say anything, the door opens, in walking in Hope and Lizzie.

"Malivore Monster?"

"This is all very confusing." Says Alaric.

Hope and I stand next to one another. Now that I wasn't wearing my amulet, I could remember Hope and Landon, even if they went through Malivore. "Because you're drunk." Hope snaps. "And I really need you to focus. This is a matter of life and death."

"First things first, I'm only buzzed." Alaric points out. "Secondly, you haven't told any of us why we should believe anything that you said, Miss... Hope, right?"

My sister crosses her arms. "Mikaelson, actually. Klaus's daughter."

Lizzie scoffs, not believing her. "Anyone else thinking that she's a monster?"

"If Hope was a monster, how would I remember her?" I ask, gesturing to my sister beside me.

Lizzie shrugs. "Maybe she drugged you, I don't know what she's capable of."

"I know why you'd think that, because I know that Malivore monsters exits." Hope begins, looking around. "I know that the reason why you're celebrating is because you just defeated them." Hope looks at Lizzie. "I also know that you're a witch. An annoyed witch probably wondering why MG's off with Alyssa Chang instead of you."

"Or psychic." Lizzie snaps. She looks over at Josie. "She's totally psychic."

Hope looks over at Kaleb. "You're a vampire. And doubling down on drunk." Alaric stutters a reply, and Hope looks at Josie. "Also a witch, who is dating my sister."