two

some people just want to watch the world burn

I groan, opening my eyes. I'm laying on Landon's arms as I look up. It's like sudden flashes of what happened. I almost couldn't see with the bright light. That...that witch. That burned the bus. I look down and see I'm covered in dirt. Huffing, I stand up. "You shouldn't do that." Landon whispers. "You could barely walk on the way here."

I take my hair out of the red ribbon, letting the sweaty, knotty waves down. "I'll heal." I say without emotion. I look around the cellar, things are piled on top of a barrel. "Where's the knife?" I ask him, almost silently. He loosely opens his jacket to reveal the handle. "We can't let anyone know we have it." I tell him, shaking my head.

His eyes grow wide. "What? When your buddies show up deciding to burn me alive they're gonna want the knife." He says, worry tracing his voice.

"Yeah and if we're tossing it around and she knows we have it then we're all gonna be burned alive." I snap, taking it from his hands. He swipes his hand under my nose, revealing blood on his finger. I spin away, attempting to wipe the stain.

"You took off your necklace." He realizes, noticing the absence of a ding.

I look back at him. "I did. So they could find me if they tried."

His blue eyes grow wide. "Annie why would you do that?" He hisses.

"If anyone can stop that lady from killing us it will be Dr. Saltzman and Hope." I snap. I turn away, looking at a shelf, breathing heavy. I was going to snap. I know it. It would only take an even stronger trigger.

He sighs. "Tell me about your mom. Your family." He says, attempting to distract me from the issue at hand. I look back at him as he sits back in his corner.

"My mom was a daughter of the Kings, a powerful family of witches. 10th Century AD. Her family was friends with the Mikaelsons, a neighboring family in the village. She befriended them all, even falling in love with Kol. However, she became arraigned to marry Klaus."

"But weren't they all vampires?" Landon asks, confuses.

I giggle, shaking my head. "Actually, that happened weeks later. My mother comes from her house to find Kol, as she was still madly in love with him when she comes across Esther changing them. My mom had witches blood, so she channeled that power and turned all of them into what they are..or were."

"Vampires."

I nod. "My dad was the first Hybrid. Hope gave you the rest the other night. My mom ran, she was smarter than to stick around." I hum, picturing what is Ophelia King.

"What about you?" He questions.

I sigh. "My mom's Original curse had been temporarily lifted by a witch friend. She was just a human witch for an amount of time. She saw Niklaus and suddenly, when she was back to a vampire, she was pregnant." I shrug. "However, she was already a target as it is, with me we were doomed. So she gave me to the North East Atlantic Pack."