seven

death keeps knocking on my door

"It's official, I have the worst love life ever

"It's official, I have the worst love life ever." I announce to Hope as she and I sit in the library.

"You could ya know, ask Josie why she was making out with Penelope." Hope says.

I roll my eyes. "It's simple. She still loves her. I was just some...rebound. I guess." I sink back in my seat, a loud sigh escaping my lips. "Are you writing to anyone for remembrance day?"

Hope shakes her head. "There's no point."

"I guess." I purse my lips, looking down at my shoes. "I'm going to bed." I huff.

I open my eyes, back in my bedroom in New Orleans. This time, I hear laughter downstairs. Three, instead of two.

"Daddy?" I call out. I rush out of my room, over looking the house when I see Hayley Marshall. Hopes mom. "Hayley!?"

"Annie? What are you doing here?"

I run down the steps, practically leaping into the woman's arms. "I don't know, but I'm so happy I am."

"I see we've found the little runt." My dad chuckles as he and Elijah appear. I smile, running up to him as well as he hugs me tightly.

"Why are any of us here?" Hayley asks. "We're dead, right?"

Elijah nods, "Indeed, but something or someone wants us here." He sits us all down on the couches, frowning.

I shrug, "I mean I do but I don't think I have the power to bring you guys to a dream, I mean, seriously." I giggle.

Dad sits next to be, his hand running through my hair. "How are you, my sweet little one?"

I sigh, leaning back on the couch. "Well, considering I totally was with this amazing girl who ended up making out with her ex, my sister is probably going crazy because she sent off the one guy she's ever liked, and there's a man screaming he's a necromancer in the basement, I'm doing quite well." Sarcasm drips off my tongue as I sigh. "Have I ever mentioned, I'm going to die alone?"

Hayley laughs. "You sound like me when I was 15." She rests her elbow on the back of the chair, looking down at me. "So, tell me about this girl."

I sigh, looking between the three adults. "She's amazing. She's smart, kind, pretty, so...pure. Unlike-"

"You?" Dads voice is so soft as he says this. I look back up at me. "I said the same thing when I met your mother." He explains. "She wasn't in love with me, of course. She loved your Uncle Kol." He chuckles, remembering that time of his life. "Your mother was a beautiful, young lady, who knew what she wanted and how to get it. She was clever, smart, and everyone loved her."