ten

theres a world where your dreams came true

I walk down the hall, "Annie?" I freeze. My heart pounds against my chest. Not today, not today, not today. I suck in a heavy breath, hoping it was just my mind playing tricks on me.

"Stasia." It's her. I know it's her. I bite my lip, turning around slowly. Josie Saltzman, in all of her beautiful glory. Her smiles soft, but her eyes are filled with pain.

I would know, it's my signature look.

She looks stunning. Her brown hairs shines, the curls bouncing as she walks closer. My heart feels like it's about to fall out, and I nearly stumble as she is less than a foot away from me.

We stare back at each other, no words. "Hey." She says finally.

"Hey." I reply.

Josie looks me up and down, but not in a sexual way. More in a was she okay while I was gone kind of way. She gulps, "I'm sorry." I look down at my shoes, and she takes my hand. "What you saw that night. It wasn't what you thought it was." She pleads.

"It looked like you kissing Penelope." I snarl. The pain from that night coming back. I've been able to avoid her existence for at least a while while she's been in Europe. But I can't anymore. I have to face her and the pain.

Josie shakes her head. "I wasn't! I didn't!" She says. "Penelope walked up to me, telling me these things and then said that I deserve more than a Mikaelson." My heart aches at these words coming out of her mouth. They were true. "And she just kissed me! I promise, a Stasia, I would never hurt you. I couldnt!"

I look at her, noticing her stare. She was telling the truth. I could tell. My eyes fill up with tears as a smile spreads across my face. I wrap my arms around her tightly, Josie returning the hug. We both ugly cry for a solid minute.

When I open my eyes to see her, she's not there anymore.

Hell, I'm not even in the hall anymore.

I'm in Hopes room. But...it doesn't look like Hopes room.

It looks like my room puked on Hopes room.

I frown, looking around, confused. I step out of the room to see Lizzie and Josie. I smile, rushing up to them. "Josie! Hey! Where did you go?"

Josie sends me a annoyed look, like she didn't like me. "Lizzie and I have a tour to give." She snaps, turning away. Lizzie stays back for a moment, staring between us.

"Wasnt I literally just hugging her thirty seconds ago?" I ask. Lizzie looks over at me.

"You remember?"